Prologue

Sumeru City, The Akademia: Junior Year. Botany class.

Some guy is snoring so loud right next to me...my brain is slowly melting.

"Will you SHUT IT!" I yelled in his ear.

He bolted up and his hoodie could visibly be seen as a second pair of ears. He looked at me with a death stare then smirked.

"Have you ever heard of the flower who never bloomed?" He asked real sly.

I looked him up and down then looked at my textbook trying to find the chapter on flowers that "never bloom". He looked over my shoulder and whispered in my ear. "It was a bud omen."

Did he just say bud omen? Are you kidding me. That was so bad it hurt.

"I don't get it."

"Well see bud is replacing bad. And see if a flower doesn't bloom it usually is in poor health, thus..." he continued on and I wrote down ignoring him.

"Cyno? Are you talking during my lecture? This one is super important for your test," the teacher hollered.

I smirked and reveled in his punishment. Then the lecture continued but much slower..the teacher had actually been in some weird alternate universe where speaking 1 word a minute was unheard of.

"Spsssst yo I went to the store to look at flowers. But I haven't Botany. Can you help?"

Oh god here we go again...