Chapter 7

I felt a lot of pain the next day, tossing and turning from the arrows' deep insistion. I thought about getting up to go to class, but I couldn't manage to even lift myself up. As I contemplated more and more, I drifted into random thought--not helpful, but they insisted.

Was I too brash- Should I have let the doctor do it, but what if I got hurt more?

When in reality did it even matter...

A knock came from my door just curled into a ball and pretended not to hear, hoping the person would get bored and leave. The knocking n2ver subsided.

I got up and started walking over to the door.

"Coming!"

I got hit with a sudden pain, and I forced a smile as I opened the door.

It was a face I had only seen once, but a name that shook me to the core.

Zandik.

-----

"Hello Tighnari! Well, do I have a surprise for you!" He smiled gleefully, slinking his hand down the door frame.

I shivered and replied, "Zandik, surprise seeing you here! What are you doing?"

"I want you to give me those notes. And I want them now," he sneared, lurching forward, piercing deep within me.

"Notes?" I fumbled my words but managed to remember that I had found a record dealing with him and turned around to look for my backpack, "I'm so sorry! I totally forgot I took these from a ruin guard resting spot. I was going to report to the academia, but you seem to be fine!"

He glared, then gave me a wack to the arm, " No prop buddy! Hey, and if you ever need anything done for you, just ask!"

I nervously laughed and shut the door as he left, making sure to lock it.

"Creep-"

I walked back to my bed and grabbed at my arm, but it didn't hurt anymore... the arm that Zandik slapped didn't hurt.

"Did he just-?"
-----

"Morning!"

"Morning," I replied as I sat down next to Cyno.

"Hey, so Zandik asked me where your dorm was. I hope he didn't bother you... since he's, you know, creepy."

"It's fine. He actually helped cure a small pain I had in my arm! And look how well it turned out," I revealed my arm to see a large welt forming.

Cyno pulled back in repulse and asked, "The hell is that?"

I looked at it and also pulled back in repulse. The pain all the sudden hit me, and I realized I didn't feel pain because I had roots protecting me, but now the roots were dead and rapidly infecting my arm.

"He, he poisoned me."

"Zandik did this?" Cyno hissed.

"I thought he fixed the pain, but he planted a withering spore in my arm! The hell!"

"Wait, how do you know it's a withering spore?"

"The roots are connected to my vision, so I can immediately know what is affecting them, I just don't know why it took this long to tell me."

"Well, don't just sit there. Let's get you to a medical professional!"

I forced myself up but felt immense pain, and as I went for a second thrust to get myself up, I felt dizzy and passed out.