Chapter 4

I never did take Cyno up on that offer.

I started frequently have dreams of Gandarvha Ville, trees sky high and my little tree hut I shared with Cyno and our daughter. Part of me felt that was were I belonged. In the forest. Not in a dingy classroom. I decided that today was the day I was going to skip class and head home to where I belong.

I saw Cyno sitting at his desk and sighed. You're sadly not coming with me. But one day you will.

Reluctantly I stepped out of the classroom and headed to the top floor of the Akademia. I ate a stamina increasing food and got my wind glider ready.

Fly majority of the way there and fly majority of the way back! This will avoid me skipping too many hours of class.

I took the leap and suddenly felt my body get light. Alright! I thought. Now off to Gandarvha Ville!

——-

I landed a while out from the city and a good hours walk from the Ville. I sat down by and abandoned ruin guard and unpacked a small meal. As I ate I noticed a note tucked near its foot.

It read the following:

Surveying has been unsuccessful. Zandik has continued to persuade me to go into one of the Ruin guards. We are heading to one now.

I know all about Zandik and his odd behaviors, to say the least.

I get up and take the note with me. Best if I report this to the Akademia just in case. I continue to walk towards the Ville and pay no mind to my stomach as it growls. I can eat when I arrive. Plus now I have found a note left by one of our students means that there's a precedence to get back to the city as fast as humanly possible.

At the arrival of Gandarvha, I collapsed. I was hungry and in need of food. My hand shaked as I reach for my lunch. When I reached it, I pass out.

I wake up in the cold street, presumably hours have gone by and I panic. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 14:00? It wasn't even even late so how was it so dark? I didn't linger and looked for shelter from what could be The Withering or an extreme thunderstorm.

The tree roots started to rot behind me and I quickly realized I was in the mits of a exponentially growing tumor. There was an open door and I sprinted into the house locking the door.