Prologue

Being born to a pair of underground heroes has both its perks and downsides, a great perk of this is that only the most die-hard hero stans know the surname L/N which not only means that they don't have expectations for you but they basically ignore you unless you give them a reason to do otherwise. A huge downside of it though is that it carries weight only visible to Y/N, a blessing or curse to others, you're responsible to make sure that your family name lives on and becomes a name associated with a great hero, like your parents.

   When they were born those around Y/N could feel and see that they were destined for greatness, to surpass their parents. Born with their quirk meant that they got to train it earlier, they got to learn to ignore the stares of others, and become comfortable with themselves at an early age. After all, it's impossible to ignore a toddler walking around with W/C-colored wings three times their height dragging behind them, not to mention the horns that sprout from the top of their head that resemble those of an impala antelope.

   After the child was born with their quirk many thought that it would be just that after all a two-part quirk is not common at all, but even so the toddler went on to discover the second part of their quirk during a random summer day a bit after their 4th birthday. It had happened out of nowhere too, they were just trying to reach an apple from one of their trees that sat in their small forest behind their house without the use of their wings when instead a cloud of golden dust emerged from their hand that magically lowered the tree branches to a place where they could reach.

   Ever since that day, their dad began to focus more on their training on their newly acquired powers rather than on their wings and horns. Of course, he was never harsh on their training after all they are just a kid, but he wanted his child to at least be able to defend themselves and have a basic understanding of their quirk. After all, it's their job as his child to be a hero and maybe even surpass the top ten heroes one day.

   This leads us to where they are right now standing in front of the gates of UA, the best hero school the world has to offer, itching to take the entrance exam. Passing the exam meant being one step closer to their dreams, proving others wrong, and of course, being a great hero. Y/N just wished that they had taken up their uncle's offer of the recommendation but being as stubborn as they are, they turned it down, saying that they have to prove themselves worthy.