Chapter 1 - Before the Finale

Looking at the scene in front of them they couldn't help but feel a shiver run through their wings causing them to slightly puff up from the anxiety that had suddenly washed over them.

"Just get through today and this will be behind you," they murmured to themselves as one of their (W/C) wings came up to shield them from the early morning sun that cast onto their middle school courtyard.

They straighten their posture and began the walk towards their middle school with their head held high ignoring the whispers and looks from the other kids around them. Once inside the school, they let their wing that was previously blocking the sun resume its relaxed position behind them ultimately making both their wings slightly drag behind them as they went up the stairs in front of them to get to their homeroom.

"Well well if it isn't the villain," a deep voice said to the left of them once they were on top of the stairs.

"Oh hey Shinsou, waiting for me?" they asked turning around to face the only friend they had in that forsaken jail as they called it.

"Obviously, who else is gonna part the sea of students for me," he said jokingly as he stepped to stand on their left.

"You do know that you're basically my partner in crime according to them right? The ones most likely to be villains," they said as they continued walking towards their shared homeroom, and just as Shinsou had told them the other students around them stepped out of their way.

"Yeah yeah whatever, let's talk about more pressing matters," he said waving his right hand as if to indicate to leave the topic behind.

Stepping into the classroom that they both shared they took their designated seats which are situated one behind the other with the seats being right next to the windows that were on their lefts, looking into the now empty courtyard. Once (Y/N) sat down on their seat they did their usual routine of expanding their feathered wings behind them and around the back of their chair so that their back was able to comfortably rest on the back of the wood chair.

"I shouldn't even ask if you're ready for the UA entrance exam tomorrow but I'm still asking to be polite," Shinsou said as pushed his chair over to the desk behind his and then proceeded to sit on it incorrectly, resting his arms on the top of the chair's back.

"Of course I'm ready, I've been studying a bit more than usual since it's the written part that I'm most worried about. I hope you've been doing the same Shinsou since we did make that deal yesterday," they said while taking out a notebook and pencil from their school bag and setting them in front of her.

Before the lavender-haired teenager in front of them could respond their homeroom teacher came in making the entire class quiet down for a bit and in return making Shinsou turn back and sit currently to face the front. The class full of teenagers finally settled down as their teacher made his way to the front of the classroom holding a stack of papers.

"Seeing as today is a Friday and the last official day of school, not counting next Monday that is reserved for graduation, today we are going to go over everyone's choice of high school and your plans for the future," the green-haired teacher explained to the class in front of him.

"Don't know why you're bothering with that Sensei when you know well enough that we're all gonna apply to hero schools," one of the students at the back of the class said soon being followed by multiple noises of agreement.

"For that you are right, but that doesn't mean that you're all applying for the same schools, take Shinsou and (L/N) for example they both chose UA High as their first choice, unlike many of you," the teacher said moving to sit onto his desk while singling them both out.

Soon after the teacher shared the information with the rest of the class all the students turned to look at the other two teenagers making Shinsou attempt and fail to hide while (Y/N) sat up straighter and continued looking forward, avoiding their prying and judgemental eyes. The eyes of the others soon left them both as the teacher continued speaking making them zone out until the bell finally went off, signaling that lunch had started.

"You sure UA is gonna accept potential villains into their school?" a random plain-looking classmate spoke soon after the teacher left the classroom.

"Why don't you come and say it to our faces?" Shinsou retaliated not a moment after as he turned to look at who made the comment making them shut up.

"Woah careful Yama or he might brainwash you," the girl next to the plain-looking guy spoke up soon covering her mouth with her hand as she snickered.

(Y/N) suddenly stood up causing the chair they were previously seating on to go flying back into the desk behind them as their (W/C) wings flared up to the side of them making some papers situated around random desks to go flying around. The others that were listening in to the previous conversation and whispering or giggling to each other proceed to gasp and flinch away from the (H/C) haired student that stood before them.

"You hungry Shinsou?" (Y/N) broke the silence that had settled in the room with a smirk while their wings settled and relaxed behind them.

The lavender-haired boy stared up from where he was seated and nodded as he grabbed both their bentos before standing up and soon following their friend out of the classroom, down the stairs, and finally outside into the courtyard where they usually spend their lunches together.

Shinsou sat underneath one of the bigger trees in the courtyard as (Y/N) soon followed and sat in front of him with their back to the tree trunk behind them as they relaxed against it, their wings soon relaxing and slouching beside them. They silently took the bento that belong to them out of Shinsou's hand and began to eat as they look into the branches littered with green leaves above them that were doing a good job of blocking the afternoon sun.

"If they call me a villain might as well give them a reason to right?" (Y/N) chuckled as they brought their gaze to meet the lavender eyes that were already studying their face.

"Just ignore them, the UA entrance exam is tomorrow and soon enough we'll both be out of here, studying next to each other in the hero course, and proving them wrong," he said quietly putting his finished bento down and leaning back with the support of his hands starring into the cloud-filled sky.

They both continued to enjoy their break in comfortable silence with (Y/N) soon zoning out and thinking about the exam that was soon to determine the rest of their life that they have to take tomorrow morning. Thankful that their dad had pushed them a bit more to study rather than practice their quirk they felt rather confident about the day soon to follow, they weren't worried about the practical exam, they know they are going to ace it, and now they weren't as worried about the written exam thanks to all the studying they have been doing.

As the bell rang the (W/C) feathered student stood up brushing the bottom of their uniform to get rid of any dirt that might've clung on and brought their wings up so that they wouldn't completely drag on the floor behind them and soon they followed their lavender-haired friend into the school to continue on with the last half of the school day.

Once school had ended, obviously with a few more condescending comments from their peers, Shinsou and (Y/N) began to walk out of school while talking about tomorrow, soon coming to an intersection that split into two directions, they waved each other goodbye and then went opposite ways toward their homes.

(Y/N) took this time alone to stretch their body before soon doing the same with their wings since there was no one else near them to accidentally hit as they had done previously. Their beautiful (W/C) wings stretched around them as exhaustion from not being used much during the entire school day settled in them. They couldn't really do much about that fact though, but if anything it just made them more excited for the day that waited for them in the morning, happy to soon be able to show what their quirk can do, and aching to prove to others that it can be used for good.