Chapter 2.0 - The Rules

Making their way towards the massive fence that surrounded the prestigious hero school they looked up at the two massive conjoined glass buildings that formed an H, one of their wings covering the morning sun. (Y/N) smirked to themselves as they continued moving forward with the rest of the incoming middle schoolers that made their way into the gates, past the courtyard, and finally into the building itself.

Once they were in front of the large doors that were used to enter the building they lowered the (W/C) wing that was blocking the sun down making it relax and slightly drag behind them as they continued forward, finally opening the doors and finally setting foot into their school, and hopefully their new future.

"I have no idea where I need to go, now that I think about it," (Y/N) whispered to themselves as they slightly slouched causing their feathered wings to only drag more as they continued forward, simply following the others in front of them.

Following the other students in front of them seemed to work better than they excepted since soon enough they made it to two large doors with a sign above them that signaled that they were in fact in front of the auditorium. Pushing the doors open they headed in and began to walk to the first open seat the saw which was somewhere near the middle of the middle row.

Walking towards their seat (Y/N) began to feel the familiar sensation of having eyes on them which made sense, I mean when is it that a (H/C)-haired person with (Hr/C) horns that sprout from the top of their head with massive (W/C) feathered wings that slightly dragged behind them blocked your view of the stage in front of you.

This sudden spotlight on them just made (Y/N) stand straighter, subsequently making their wings rise a bit with the movement of their shoulders, they continued to make their way to their seat with a straight face on. Once behind their seat, they couldn't help but look at the blue-haired student who sat in the seat to their left who somehow had an even straighter pose than they currently had. (Y/N) pulled the chair back to be able to take a seat all while subconsciously doing what they always did with the wings so their back rested comfortably with the back of the chair.

They continued to stare forward towards the stage that currently only contained a lonely podium, they soon began to space out until they heard a voice to the left of them, coming from the blue-haired student they guessed.

"Shouldn't someone with a quirk as space-taking as yours be a bit more considerate and sit at the back where they aren't in the way of other students?" the male student said while making weird chopping movements with their left arm as they talked, almost like a robot.

'What?' they thought to themselves as a confused expression soon took over their previously bored one.

"Usually I would sit in the back but you see, everyone is nervous so they naturally took the seats in the back first," (Y/N) respond with fake confidence while gesturing behind them at the very full back.

"My apologies I should've paid more attention to my surroundings before making an assumption," the blue-haired guy said while once again resuming his chopping motions.

"It's fine I understand where you're coming from, I'm (L/N) (Y/N) by the way," they responded back to the apology while sticking their dominant hand out towards them.

"Iida Tenya, a pleasure to make your acquaintance," the student in front of them now known as Iida responded while ignoring their hand to adjust their rectangular glasses.

'Rude. but ok," (Y/N) thought to themselves while giving him a fake smile before fixing their gaze back upon the stage in front of them as the lights slowly dimmed down, signaling that the orientation was soon to begin.

Soon enough the auditorium was shrouded in darkness when all of a sudden the lights above the stage came on, showing what looked to be a person with long blonde hair that seemed to defy gravity somehow since it was all standing up straight. They striked a pose that was similar to a typical rockstar as the lights moved to shine directly on him.

"What's up, UA candidates!? Thanks for tunin' in, to me, your school DJ. C'mon, let me hear ya!" The wild-haired man said with a voice that if you heard it for long periods of time was sure to give you a headache or worse leave you deaf.

The entire auditorium remained quiet except for a random student that you could hear somewhere on your left muttering at incomprehensible speeds. Seeing the lack of response from the many students around (Y/N) made them feel quite bad or well it would make them feel bad if their head wasn't starting to ache from the loud man in front.

"Keeping it mellow, huh? That's fine, I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna go down, okay? Are you ready? Yeah!" he began to shout once again going right over the fact that he was ignored by the many students sitting in front of him.

"Like your application said, today you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting ten-minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings. Gird your loins, my friends. After I drop my mic here, you'll head to your specified battle center, sound good?" he continued to explain as the (H/C)-haired student proceeded to look down at the card that was in front of them which had what battle center they need to head to afterward.

"Okay, okay, let's check out your targets. There are three types of faux villains in every battle center. You'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so better choose wisely. Your goal in this trial is to use your Quirk to raise your score by shredding these faux villains like a mid-son guitar solo. But, check it! Make sure you're keep'n thing heroic. Attacking other examinees is UA no-no, ya dig?" the blonde-haired man explained more as (Y/N) tried to make sure that they paid close attention so that they would ace the exam.

"Excuse me, sir, but I have a question," all of sudden, Iida spoke up and got out of his seat making a random spotlight shine on him. With the sudden bright lights on illuminating near (Y/N), their feathered wings rose up slightly instinctually trying to shield them.

Without missing a beat Iida continued to speak once he got the ok about how the printout that was handed out to the students listed four faux villains instead of three. At the same time (Y/N) slowly raised their wings back down to their original position as they simply ignored his rambling.

"Additionally, you with the unkempt hair. You've been muttering this entire time. Stop that. If you can't bother to take this seriously, leave. You're distracting the rest of us." Iida quietly pointed to a green-haired student a few seats to the left of both of you.

'Poor guy, he looks like he's about to pass out due to all the eyes on him,' (Y/N) thought as she turned to look at the green-haired boy who now looked close to tears.

"Sorry," he soon replied as he looked down at his lap causing some of the students in the auditorium to laugh.

They paid close attention to the information that the presenter explained, something about the fourth villain just being an obstacle that only appears once in every arena and to simply run away from it since it's worth nothing.

'If it's just one, why run away from it? An obstacle is meant to be taken down no?" the (W/C)-winged student thought to themselves blocking out the rest of the speech.

"Good luck! Hope you practiced hitting more than just books," was the last thing they heard coming from Present Mic before they got up with the other students, they grabbed their battle card and rolled their shoulders making their wings move with them as they began to make their way outside and towards the busses that would take them to the start of their exam.