Chapter 2.3 - The Entrance Exam

The bus they were currently sitting on finally came to a stop and as they looked outside they were greeted with a massive wall that almost covered up the morning sun from view. All the students that were sitting in front of them stood up in a mixture of excitement and nervousness as it finally dawned on them that the time had come for them to take the infamous U.A. entrance exam.

 "Holy shit," (Y/N) quietly said to themselves as they stepped out of the white bus, their wings slightly straight out behind them to make sure they didn't scrape against the side of the bus doors.

 Finally, outside the constricting bus, they continued to move with the crowd until they all stopped to gaze upon the huge wall and doors in front of them. (Y/N) looked up as they reached up with their hands in the air giving them a satisfying stretch, once checking there wasn't anyone besides them, they went ahead and did the same with their wings.

 They made sure to warm up their wings since they hadn't been used since last night when they had to sneak back into their bedroom which was located on the second story of their house. Their (W/C) wings stretched to the side of them, each wing being double the length of their arms it was obvious that others were going to stare.

 (Y/N) lowered their wings back behind them into their resting position as they stood taller and faced forward into the big gates in front of them to give the illusion of confidence, in reality, they were shitting bricks hoping that the test would begin sooner than later. While they portrayed the look and feel of confidence to others, on the inside they were anxious and stressed about a great deal of pressure these upcoming hours carried with them.

 'Man I wonder which battle center Shinsou got, I miss my emotional support," the winged examinee thought to themselves as their shoulders visibly slumped, followed by their wings at the thought of their best friend.

 When they heard the beep indicating that the exam had started they started to move up to the front of the mass of other examinees in front of them, all the students in front of the (H/C)-haired tester stepped to the side, making sure they were a reasonable distance away from them and their massive wings. As expected the other students continued staring at them, and some whispered how sharp and scary-looking their horns looked.

 "HUH? What are you all doing? Get moving! There are no countdowns in real battles. Run, run, run, listeners! You're wasting airtime here," yelled Present Mic at all the stationary examinees, finally kicking them all into gear.

Having heard the announcement (Y/N) once again propelled themselves ahead of the other students leaving them quite literally in their dust. They kept flying until they reached the middle and then changed their direction to the top so that they would be able to take an ariel view of the faux city they were in.

"I forgot how cold it gets up here, I should've brought something," they said to no one as they looked over the city locating where the highest concentration of the faux villains would be.

Once they saw a cluster of 3 villains moving simultaneously to where another was located they began to quickly descend, tucking their wings close into their body like that of a falcon to get down faster. Once they were close enough to the three faux villains that were at the back they reached their dominant hand out toward the frontman of the three and strained themselves in order to cause it to fall backward, thus causing the other to fall like dominoes.

With the three faux villains down they looked at the stray one that was further away still moving to what they could now see as a fallen ruble, confused by its movements (Y/N) shrugged and flapped their wings in preparation as they thrust forward in the air while also spinning creating essentially a nail that striked through the semi hallow of the one-pointer's stomach with their horns. Once they came out of the other side slightly dizzy from pulling such a stunt they were about to fly upwards again when they were interrupted.