Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen
                    CHRISTOPHER POV:

I had just done my absolute best by trying to bake the muffins, the brownies, and an apple pie all exactly the way Emma likes them. I had the music on, and of course, Pepper was yipping around the house while Marshmallow just lied on the dog bed, looking bored. And I am trying my best to not make quite a mess in here, because I know how clean obsessed she is. And I want everything to be perfect for her for when she gets home. I hope it's soon. She's been gone for a while.

    But I have been getting persistent calls from Rachel, which I assume might actually be important. But I clearly, I have no idea what is going on with our families that they call us so much that they think we need to pick up the phone all the time. I mean, can they ever give us a break? So, I don't feel like there is a need to answer it, especially when I have been baking in this kitchen, and trying to pack everything of what I think I'll need to bring with us to Santa Maria. And I have the Bluetooth speaker on of music and I am trying to actually bake the muffins the right way. At least at how Emma likes them. But somehow I feel like I have failed at that.

Of course, Rachel wouldn't stop calling my phone, and I was just not in the mood to talk to her right now. The only person I truly want to talk to is Emma. But I'm sure Emma will be home at any minute now. But I thought she would text me to let me know she is on her way home. But I haven't received any text messages from her. The only text I got was at one this afternoon saying she was going to meet with Mandy. So, I don't know if she'll be back anytime soon. But I'm sure she's okay. I'm not gonna panic just because she's late. Or should I?

    I had tried making the muffins perfect. But they were super overcooked. But I assume it has to do with me possibly missing an ingredient. I had to distract myself so I moved on by trying to tidying up the house. So I started with washing and scrubbing the bathroom floor and then the tub and then the shower. And then I decided removing the sheets from the bedroom and putting new ones on. I feel like I'm just stress cleaning. And I had after, took out a basket leaving a white and blue checkered material on the bottom before placing any food in it. This could be like having a picnic. But we're going to Santa Maria. Where it's sunny there. And a beautiful lake there. We went there three years ago with mom and Edward. After I had broken up with April. I remember being so in distraught that I returned home so drunk that I basically attacked Emma. My drunken words were these thoughts of truth. But they were mean, hurtful things. Things that I could and never can take back. Because of my behavior, mom and Edward sent me with Emma and her mom Rachel to Santa Maria to spend a few days at the lake house. Emma and I had reconciled with our time there. Before that it was four months we were apart. And we went to the lake house around this time to be honest.

I open the basket that is big, enough to hold for an army. And I had placed in a jar of grapes. And a jar of jam. And I had a jug of orange juice. And I also decided to place in a couple of sandwiches. And some cheese. Two cups. And also, some saltines. And then I nicely placed the brownies in there. And it wasn't crammed at all. I had finally closed the basket and I secured it making sure it was fine. And it was. And then I had brought it out into the car placing it in the backseat.

      When I had reentered back into the house, I had washed my hands, and then I decided to check on the news for a minute, as I turned on the tv and I tried figuring out what to do about the burnt overcooked muffins. And I had heard a door close. And I assumed that it was definitely Emma getting in. I felt butterflies in my stomach the second I heard, so I patiently waited, while watching the news talking about the rain. Well it was already raining outside. And when I heard the door open, I had immediately jumped onto my feet and I ran to the door so quickly, and very excitingly I was so happy to see her. But then everything had definitely changed.