Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty.

   I recall listening to music the whole ride to the church. But of course, I had known that listening to B.O.B would be escape from anxiety. And we had arrived in piece in the limousine that I imagine must cost a fortune. But Ty's family has the biggest money so of course this all makes sense. And I had the only reason to imagine everyone that is arriving to the most perfect wedding. And I sort of envied how perfect everything was.

    The flamingos that stayed outside of the cathedral, and I did nothing but laugh. And I was wondering if perhaps mom would actually pick up her phone, and obviously I know today she and Edward are extremely busy since they are going out of town for a Gala that is held by the best part of Sacramento. So I knew that just sending her a text would be a better idea. So I had gone in direct by just texting her to tell I arrived at the church and promising lots of photos from the reception because mom wasn't able to attend which Ty and Lara Jean completely understand, so they are not upset in anyway.

   Only the bride and groom will be wearing white. I'm literally wearing a dark blue suit, and I felt like this fitting was completely different. And I definitely felt like I was entering into a new haven. And I will say on the inside of the church is a lot bigger than I expected. There was a choir, an organ playing, and the walls were beautiful and elegant. And I recall the rose colored glassware and the alter was like bigger than a stage to the Madison Square Garden. And I had just thought this is gonna be a photographic memory.

    I can tell just by how beautiful it was gonna be the whole time just when three o'clock had arrived. And just as I was feeling overwhelmed, happy, excited as well. But once I was down the aisle, I already got confused when I heard the wedding music we rehearsed for this weeks ago and also the wedding rehearsal dinner, which was a bit exhausting 'cause it was hours long. And I saw Lara Jean's sister, Mary Louise coming directly for me, which actually terrified me. And she didn't want to make it such a big deal to worry Ty about it so she whispered to my ear that Lara Jean was asking for me. And so I had of course, followed Mary Louise from the alter and just when the wedding was just about to begin but was stopped half-way probably something to do with Lara Jean.

   In one of the rooms in the church that has a changing room for the choir mostly was where Lara Jean was. I didn't see any of the bridesmaids. And I had figured something had to be wrong for Lara Jean to be asking for me.

   "Did she say what she wanted me for?" I asked Mary Louise, as we were walking further to all the rooms in the cathedral that must've been filled or just occupied.

  "No, but she locked herself in the room. And she said she would if she saw you." Mary Louise said, and I knew this wasn't good, and so I had every reason to see her and see what could be wrong.

  As I stayed by the door, I quietly put my ear against the door to see if I could hear anything. But I heard absolutely nothing. So I had knocked.

  "Lara Jean, it's me! Can I come in?" I said from the other side of the door.

  The door unlocked, and I opened it enough just for me to come in because I know Lara Jean probably doesn't want Mary Louise in. So once I was in, I locked the door behind me. And I saw her in her wedding dress just sitting in the chair, and she looked terrified. She was not wearing her shoes. She looked sad but terrified, as anyone will on the day they get married. And the room was essentially small. And I could tell that something was wrong for her to be acting this way. I want to make her calm. Because I know that if she gets upset it could cause harm for her and the baby. And I want to just make sure she's alright.

  "Lara Jean," I breathed out, standing with my back against the door, and my hands in my pockets, and I was entirely confused. "You stopped the ceremony. What's going on?"