Thomas Longsong

I moved around the desk and sat across from him on these familiar couches. I sighed as I leaned back on the couches looking across at the Dark brown Bunny-kin man across from me. "Thomas Longsong," I began tasting his name slightly before continuing, "You have found yourself replacing me in the coming weeks. I cannot say that I envy you."

His eyes narrowed, he looked over to the stack of papers on my desk, and his frown deepened. "Is it because of the workload you have inherited?" Thomas asked.

"No," I replied before pausing for a moment to think. It took a second before I continued, "First before I begin, I need you to tell me what they have told you about my situation and the current situation of my predecessor."

Thomas looked at me and tilted his head in thought. "They told me that the Demon Lands situation isn't looking bad nor good. Or it was more like they told me that I was inheriting a complex and complicated situation that looked both positive and negative. The Elders finished that it is something you would fill in for me. Also, The elders have given this to me to hand to you."

Thomas held out an enchanted sealed envelope from his inner shirt pocket. I leaned forward and took it from him with two fingers. As I did so, I felt a trace of mana touch me, and the letter's enchantments broke. I opened the envelope and wondered how they did that enchantment as it wasn't one I personally knew.

Inside was a folded paper, and I unfolded it to read the contents.

"To Ambassador Chelsea,

We have sent one of our more experienced members to come to relieve you. Although he has never held an ambassador position, Thomas has come recommended by his supervisors as an open-minded man for his position. He is a Brawler of C rank abilities and seems more useful for his diplomatic abilities than his combat abilities. We believe that during the war, he should be able to keep your work moving forward in the Demon Lands.

Please help him catch up on the current situation and brief him on the situation you have found yourself in and what the Traitor Ralph has done on the ground there in the Demon Lands. We will need you heading back within two weeks of Thomas taking over for you. Please advise him to the best of your abilities, and if you believe he can, recommend our allies trust him. We need to keep our closest allies in the Demon Lands happy, and we believe and hope Thomas can help facilitate that.

As for your orders, Please do what you can to speed up the process of coming home. Your achievements have been notable, and we would like to discuss them further in person for debriefing when you come back to Silvermoon Tower.

The Elders"

I frowned looking at it, and I disliked these orders. I would not recommend anyone to trust Thomas at this point as I did not know him yet, and two weeks wasn't enough time to do so. Also, I was not too fond of the orders in general, but I would get him up to the best speed possible.

I folded the papers back up, and I sighed, leaning back. I looked over at the older man in front of me. Thomas was at least a couple of years older than me, and I knew that he must have some contacts back home. I hoped that he would be a good fit here as things were getting more complicated, and I wondered where to even start with updating him.

"You are not going to like what I am telling you or the situation that you are being thrown into here in the Demon Lands," I told him bluntly, "This isn't a question of what you want in many scenarios as you are going to have to play it by ear and the seat of your pants."

"What do you mean?" Thomas cut in, looking extremely serious.

I showed him a wry smile, "I mean that when I arrived here some months ago, not even that many, I landed in a shit show. A serious shit shows that I blindly walked into," I told him bluntly. "In my first few months here, I learned that our intelligence operations here in the Demon lands have been plundered by at least one of my predecessors, if not more than one series of ambassadors." His expression turned extremely grim as I continued, "To make matters worse. My direct predecessor Ambassador Ralph was a traitor and did his dead-level best to sour relations with the Succubi, Incubi, and the Devils, not even to mention that I might not even have found some of the others that he soured the relations with."