𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

HORACE

3 weeks later

It's been about 3 weeks since me and Markeyvius had our talk, and we decided to link up again today to talk about where we going from here.

I like the fact that he came clean and told me about the cheating.. but I still don't understand why he did it. I've been nothing but good to the nigga, and he went and cheated? All because I didn't wanna fuck? That's crazy.

For the past few days, I been trying to focus on myself and my mental health, trying to keep my mind off of him. It's been working for the most part too. I been in the gym, eating right, opening up to my friends more. Overall, shits been good.

When I told Markeyvius to give me my space, I thought that it would go through one ear and out of the other. But to my surprise, he really has been giving me space for these past couple weeks. 

Not blowing up my phone, riding past my apartment, stalking my Instagram page, nothing. I think I got through to him that night, and he really saw how our break-up affected me. I'm willing to take him back... but I just hope I'm not making a mistake.

Getting out of my thoughts, I finished my Whataburger and got up from my counter. I walked in my room to figure out what I'm wearing for today. 

I settled on a white PLAY jacket, black jeans, and some air forces. You can never go wrong with some forces man. After I finished getting ready, I picked up my phone and FaceTimed key, wanting to see how far he was. Last night we decided we was gonna spend the day together.

"Wassup love" He said, putting his face in the camera.

"Aye, how far you is?" I said, sitting at the end of my bed, ready to go.

"Uhhh" Key said, pulling at his beard as he thought, eyes staying straight on the road. "Bout' five minutes. You ready right now?"

"Duh nigga"

"Lemme see yo outfit bae" He said, stopping at a red light and looking at me in the camera.

I got up from my bed and walked into my bathroom, flicking on the light and flipping my camera to show me standing in the mirror, showing off my outfit.

"Oh you put that shit on huh?" 

"Nigga this lil slight ass fit" I said smiling, flipping the camera back to my face and walking back into my room. 

"Even when you ain't got the heavy drip on, you still sexy as fuck bae" He said, licking over his lips and smiling back at me through the camera.

I couldn't do nothing but laugh and blush. This nigga making me soft as fuck mane, like I'm some lil bitch. 

"Shut up Markeyvius, and hurry the fuck up" I said. 

"Awnn my baby ready to see m-" He said, before I hung up in his face. This nigga get on my fucking nerves.

++++

Couple minutes later, I got a text from his saying he was outside. I made sure my door was locked, before hopping on the elevator and heading to the lobby. 

When I walked outside, I saw his familiar car parked in front of my building. 

I opened the car door, and got in, putting on my seatbelt. 

"You scared to ride with me or sumn luv? You putting yo seatbelt on and shit." He said, looking over at me.

"Nigga please. Just drive this damn car." I responded, pulling my phone out of my pocket and clicking on Instagram.

"You ate?" Markeyvius asked, adjusting the A/C in the car.

"Yea I had Whataburger." I responded.

"Ight, we gone go chill at my crib then, if that's okay with you." He said.

"Cool with me."

++++

2 hours later

"You like chilling with me huh?" Key asked me as I laid on his chest. We were at his house watching movies and eating up all of his snacks. 

"No, I hate chilling with you nigga." I responded sarcastically. "You ugly as fuck too."

"Well if I'm so ugly then get off my chest luv." He responded, trying to lift me from his chest but I quickly wrapped my arms around his body.

"Nooooo Keyyyy." I whined. He felt so warm and comfortable that I didn't want my own space. I missed being around him and just feeling his protection.

"Better stop acting like youon wanna be all up on me, luh sexy ah." He responded, gripping my ass.

"Horny ah nih." I said, rolling my eyes at him and turning my attention back to the TV.

"It ain't my fault you turn me on everytime I see you."

"Nigga just hush and watch the movie." I said, putting my finger up to his lips, signaling him to be quiet.

" I wanna talk to you tho..." He responded.

"Aight dude." I said, pausing the movie because it was really good and I didn't wanna miss what was happening. "Talk about what Key?"

"You mad at me cause I interrupted this lame ah movie?" Key said, smiling a little bit.

"No, I'm not mad at you ugly, now talk." I responded.

Key sat up with his back against his headboard, lifting me up and adjusting me in his lap.

"I wanna apologize again Horace.. I probably won't ever stop apologizing to you because what I did to you and how I treated you was wrong." Key said, looking me in my eyes.

"I should have never, ever, ever put my hands on you.. I should have never cheated on you.. and I'm sorry.." He said. "I want us to move forward and I want us to grow as a couple."

"That hurt that I put you through was uncalled for, and It won't ever happen again, I promise." He said, grabbing my hands and squeezing them. 

"I wont ask you to forgive me because you probably never won't .. but I atleast want you to know that I'm working on myself, and I'm working on my anger, and I'm working on how to love correctly.. instead of taking my anger out on someone that I love."

Tears filled my eyes as I looked down at my hands, seeing him still squeezing them.

"Horace, look at me." He said deeply, but soft.

I lifted my head and looked him in his eyes. He had this caring, sincere look on his face.

"You think we can work on us?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think we can." I responded, wiping my eyes, preventing my tears from falling down my face.

"C'mere. You way too pretty to be crying." Key said, bringing me closer to him, laying my head down on his chest.

I'm willing to work things out with Markeyvius, but this time, we gone take things slow and steady. I feel like the first time, we moved too fast and got into things too quickly.

Key turned the movie back on, and laid back down, laying me on top of him and wrapping his arms around me.

My eyelids started to get heavy, and I decided to let my sleep take over me.

_______________________________

I feel like this chapter was okkkkk, sorry it took so long to update! What yall think about it though? I also want to start another book, so let me know some ideas plsssssss 😘