Chapter 11

Author's note: Kaylanne is played by Raffey Cassidy.

"My scouts tell me that the Smiths are dead." Mike said to Vance. Who was discussing their next move with Bruce, Richie, and Will. Who had been sent later by Lord Jim Hopper.

"Scouts?"

"Just some ravens I've possessed." He said nonchalantly. The guy was a Sorcerer after all.

"Wait, like all of the Smiths?" Bruce asked.

"Only Lord Martin Smith remains. Because he wasn't there. His son-heir, Mason, is dead. Along with the rest of his children, his wife, his siblings, literally everyone."

Vance knew war called for desperate measures. But this, this was something else entirely. Only someone truly crazed could accomplish this.

"Do we have any idea who did it?"

"Cause we should knight them. Good riddance, honestly." Richie joked.

"Agreed," Bruce responded.

"Was anyone spared?"

"Only Kaylanne."

"Moose's fiancée?"

"Yes," he nodded.

"I get why you would eliminate the Smiths. They have a powerful military. But morale is definitely gonna plummet now that they're all dead."

"Definitely, this was a smart move. That practically paralyzed their cause."

"This has to be revenge for the Crown Prince's murder." Mike said.

"Of course it is. But a Kennedy was the one who did the actual act. Why spare Kaylanne?"

"Perhaps they were smart enough to realise she had nothing to do with it?" Bruce speculated.

"What else do we know about the killer?"

"We should find out who they are, they'd be a formidable ally."

No one knew anything else. So tbey moved onto the next subject. 

"Do we know the Prince's whereabouts?"

"They tell me he and Robin had a change of plans and went to the northeast." Mike said.

"The northeast? What's so important there?" Bruce asked.

"I dunno, let's look at the map."

They looked at the map. Tracing over the Bronze Coast.

"Wait, there's Selene Hedge!" Will pointed out.

"The seat of the Lunarians?"

"Wait, isn't Billy Crown Lord Henry's cousin?" Mike asked.

"Yes, he is actually. Along with Matty coincidentally enough. Could he be there as well?"

"Well, that complicates things considering that Matty's a Kennedy."

"I doubt he's on their side. He always spoke of how much he resented his family."

"Then we could use him as a spy within Brookmont."

Just then, Mikhail walked in with a letter in his hand. "There's a letter for you, Vance."

Vance snatched it out of his hands, excited to see who it was from. The seal was red with a crescent moon.

"It's the Lunarians."

"No way, open it up, Vance!" Richie urged him.

He ripped it open. Scanning through the words.