9

5

lily

We arrived at our boss's office.

"You alright, boss?"

"I was wondering when you two would show up," he remarked, folding his arms, his eyes darting upwards, as he watched us both walk into the room.

He put his paperwork to the side, taking steps closer to us.

"You're late."

Me and Zayn began scratching our arms awkwardly, knowing that we didn't have an excuse for not being punctual.

We were secret agents...

We always had to be available whenever it was required of us.

"Sorry, we lost track of time," Zayn apologized quickly, running his hands through his hair stressfully.

Boss shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to waste any more time.

"It better not happen again," he muttered briefly, before cutting to the chase. "Anyway, there's been some mass murders in Manhattan lately. I'll need you two to investigate these, and do what you can to find out who was behind them."

"Fuck," Zayn heaved. "Is there a pattern between them?"

"It's fucking brutal," Rafael admitted exhaustedly, tapping down against the whiteboard to indicate his case notes. "It seems that a serial killer is on the loose. He kidnaps the girls, rapes them and then tortures them to death."

I jolted backwards, mortified at this revelation.