~8~ Fate or Set Up?

That night, the thought of Yoriichi with Hinaki never left your mind. You kept comparing yourself to Hinaki, seeing what she has that you don't.

And the conclusion is...

everything.

You would grip your hand in a fist tightly every time you thought of something she has that you don't, until your nails dug deep into your flesh, causing some pain.

And so...you might have no slept until 4 am. 

In the morning, you sleepily stood up from the futon, and rolled it up, putting it in the closet at last.

But the whole world seems to be blurry. Your eyes felt so swollen from crying. It was just a perfect example of a lousy day to wake up to.

When you walked out of your room, Mokaro was already awake.

"Oh, good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked, sharpening his sword.

"I didn't sleep that much...but it was comfortable," you said, awkwardly hiding the fact that you only slept 4 hours.

"I could tell. The dark circles explain it all. Oh, the master said he wants to talk to you," he said.

"Eh? Master? Am I in trouble?" 

"Ahaha, the opposite. Supposingly, he wants someone to train you, I heard."

"I see. I'll go now then, thank you for the night!" You said, giving him one last hug before leaving. 

He was a few inches shorter than you because his face was stuffed into your shoulder. 

Grabbing your sword and uniform, you walked out the door. 

Arriving at the mansion, you walked into the backyard. 

Soon later, the shoji door slid open, and the master stepped out into the porch.

"Hello (Y/n), how are you?" He kindly asked, gesturing you to come to sit with him.

"I've been great, what about you?" You said.

"I'm good too, thank you for your concern. I wanted to talk about something and have your agreement. You probably have heard about this 'breathing style' thing?" He asked.

"Yes, Mokaro-san told me about it."

"Very well. You see, breathing style is like the style of your swordsmanship. Yoriichi created the original breathing, sun breathing not long ago. It is an extremely breathing style to master, but he did. For other hashiras, it seemed impossible, so they invented their own style."

"Style? Like their habits?"

"Partially correct. Mokaro uses mist breathing, so a lot of his movements aren't very noticeable, and it confuses his imponent. Although there isn't exactly particles, it still helps a ton. I see a lot of potential in you. It took you only 2 years to become a hashira, so I suggest...

..for you to train right under the original sun breather."

The atmosphere grew silent.

Train under...Yoriichi?

No no..

He waited patiently and silently for your response.

"I-i..." You struggled to find words.

"I'm sorry...but I might have to turn off that offer for now..we both currently have a very awkward relationship..." You mumbled, fidgeting your thumb.

"No worries. If you ever change your mind, please don't hesitate, he said he'll be happy to train you anytime."