Six

McBrien

I felt the jealousy of Arie's lips touching my blunt but I knew deep down it was the marijuana I wanted. She let her roll back and finally relax now that we were away from the egregious cunt

"Why do you let him talk to you like that?"

I made pinching fingers, signaling I wanted her to pass to me. When it was in my finger tips I mushed it and rolled it a little, just to loosen up the hit, imagining it was Adam's head.

"Well I don't, not anymore"

"Okay then why did you? I doubt he has a magic dick or something"

She made the cutest face, half half amused and half embarrassed that I had said that to her. She reach over me to grab the wrap from my hand, I took a deep breath trying to take her scent so far into my lungs I could never forget it.

"That he doesn't. Not very big and not very good with it either, that's why I never gave it up to him"

"Is that the only reason?"

She furrowed her brow and took a deep hit letting the smoke drift naturally from her mouth, I had to resist the urge to grab her cheeks and suck the smoke straight from her lips. When she spoke next it snapped me back

"He's a prick, that was mostly certainly not the first time he spoke to me that way. In fact normally when I talked back I got worse than mean names. I guess I just needed something to help me feel safe leaving him"

I tucked my chin, furious for her. She was so fatal about the abuse it made my skin crawl, she was too used to it.

"Do you feel safe? Now I mean"

She nodded but then took a pause to think

"Maybe I shouldn't stay at my house today, could you drop me off at Kat's?"

I nodded and handed her my phone to out the address in and then we rode in mostly silence, the only sound was the mixture of our breathing. I opened my mouth to speak more than once but I didn't even know what I wanted to say. When I made the final turn onto Kat's street I looked over and couldn't help myself

"Instead of Facebook why don't you just put your number into my phone?"

She smiles and then reach over to take my phone, tapping her fingers against it. When I pulled it back from her, I saw she had even set her own contact photo. One of the million she had taken during my class. She also put two hearts next to her name, one black and once green. I put my hand out for her phone and when she dropped in my hand unlocked I nearly scrolled through her pictures, hoping to catch a glimpse of something I shouldn't but instead I typed in my number and then name. I started to take a selfie but she took her phone and scrolled through the imagines. She tipped her phone sideways so I could see the picture she chose; a picture she had taken of me while I was teaching.

"Why do you have that?"

"Because you looked nice and when you're teaching you... it's just a good picture okay."

I smirked at her and the boost of confidence her  words gave me

"When I'm teaching I look? I look what?"

"You look hot. You have this 'firm but soft' daddy thing going on"

My face flushed, feeling warm to the touch. Thank god it was dark in the jeep or I would've gave myself away.

"I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying, Arie"

She shook her head and reached for the door but before she finished opening it the whole way she turned back looking dead at me

"It is no secret that I find you attractive, I made that clear everyday of the school year but I get it, I was your student and the entire thing was inappropriate but I just couldn't help myself"

When I didn't respond she kept going, thinking over her words carefully

"I know I come off as abrasive and rough, that's just who I am, I hope it didn't make you uncomfortable. I was mostly joking, I was definitely joking when I called you daddy. I looked forward to your class everyday, not even just because I got to look at you but because you were a hell of a teacher."

I was touched but not totally sure how to move forward from this conversation so I didn't speak. She stepped out of my jeep and looked up at me with those dazzling green eyes

"Thanks for saving me and for the smoke. Text me to let me know you got home, okay?"

I nodded because if I tried to do anything else I would have pulled her right back into my Jeep and drove her straight to my house.