One

"Somehow, I always felt like I was a part of different world, maybe a different life. I know that's silly but I remember most things differently, like my graduation. I remember it vividly. Only problem? I graduate in a month"

I looked him in his eyes, they looked warm, soft, and like he had some wisdom beyond his age.

"Uh, okay... I asked if you wanted whip cream on the blended coffee?"

"Oh, yeah, please

I grabbed my drink off of the counter and unwrapped my straw, boo me for not having a metal one, I know, but homegirl is broke. I'm walking to open the door when suddenly, I'm on the ground. The door had smacked me right in the face, but more interestingly, the person who smacked me,

"Man, I guess I just fell for you" 

It was deadpan and not very funny, until I recognized who had given me a black-eye.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Wagner, let me help you up. Do you want ice for your face? Or, a tissue, your nose is bleeding"

I touched me finger to my face and when I pulled back, it was covered in a mixture of blood and snot. Way to be suave. 

"And here I was thinking you were different than Mr. Saint Gellade. Over here abusing your students. I'm fine, my nose has a tendencies to do this on its own accord but are you going to help me get off this floor?"

He smirked at me, held his hand out and helped pulled me to my feet. I was taken aback by how warm his hands were, and big; They made mine look like a child's. I pulled the corner of my mouth up and thanked him, trying my very best not to blush. 

"I'll, uh, see you in class."

"Oh, you plan on attending my class today?"

"Way to call me out in front of all the hipsters, you're messing with my street cred"

he chuckled and then dropped my hand, which he strangely was still holding until then, and left. I couldn't help but stare, he was weird an goofy,  in the best ways. Down to earth, a phrase that was made for him. If he were to be any kind of rock, it would be volcanic. 

I've had some of the craziest dreams about John McBrien, my senior year Honors Economics teacher. He was on the younger side, still not young enough for the dreams I've had. Sometimes, they're sweet and intimate, I'll be laying in bed with him; snuggled in his blankets with our legs intertwined. Others, they're vicious; were in his kitchen, screaming at each other, red faced furious. 

For having a current boyfriend, I'm obsessed with McBrien. It feels like destiny, which is really stupid.