Dtn 💁‍♂️

2 years later,

You're walking back into this school you haven't been here since freshman year. Since the incident.

You hope no one recognizes you. After a long crowded line you successfully make it into the school. You walk into your first period spanish class. The tables are in groups the teacher greets you as you walk in.

La Professora 🙂: Please look at the board for your seats everyone.

You look for your name and go to sit down. He walks in. Looking different from what you last remember.

La Professora: What's your name young man?

Mathew: Mathew.

His name isn't in the board.

La professora: Just take a seat anywhere for right now.

You hope he doesn't sit next to you to avoid awkward tension. There's only two seats left in the room. He walks over to the other table.

Ghazi: Sorry someone's sitting here.

Mathew is left with no choice but to sit next to you. He quietly pulls up his seat next to you. He doesn't make eye contact with you. Class ends shortly after but you make sure to catch him. You grab him by the shoulder on the way out of class.

Nia: Mathew.

He looks like you with a disgusted look on his face.

Mathew: Stay away from me. He said coldly.

He walks away. You spend the rest of your day wondering why your 'friend' would treat you this way.

You finally get to lunch and you see him in the cafeteria surrounded by lots of people at a lunch table. You sit by yourself since you're a loser (haha 😹). You look back over at Mathew and you catch him staring at you. He looks away quickly hoping you didn't notice.

That's when a tall figure sits across from you blocking your view of Mathew. It's Allan.

Allan: I haven't seen you in forever, at least out here. He pauses. It's good to see you again.

He places your favorite snack in front of you on the lunch table. You won't have to be alone anymore I'm here to enjoy lunch with you everyday.

You smile.

Nia: Thanks Allan. It's good to see everyone again, even if they don't feel the same.

You glance over to see if Mathew is still there. But he's gone. Allan raises an eyebrow at you but brushes it off. You guys enjoy your lunch and talk for the remainder of the period.

1 hour later //

You're on your way home about to leave the building and you spot mattew walking alone. You run up to him to confront him on his distant behavior.

Nia: Mathew!

He turns around staring at you. waiting for you to speak.

Nia: Why aren't you talking to me?

Mathew: We shouldn't be here. We shouldn't do this right now.

Nia: So then when? Where?

Mathew sighs.

Mathew: Follow me.

Nia: Where are we going?

Mathew: Shut up.

He drags you into a closet by your hand.

Mathew: Look. I cant be friends with you anymore. We can't be around each other anymore.

His eyes shift around the room avoiding eye contact with yours.

Nia: What? Why?

Mathew: We- we just cant anymore. I'm sorry.

He goes to open the door but it doesn't budge. He tries again. And again. And again. It doesn't budge. He starts to panic.

Mathew: The door won't open.

Nia: Really?

Mathew: No I'm just pushing this shit for fun.

He looks at you annoyed. You sit in silence for 5 minutes. You both sit on the floor across from each other. You rest your head on top of your knees.

Mathew breaks the silence.

Mathew: I wrote to you like everyday.

You pick your head up drawing your attention to Mathew.

Nia: Huh?

Mathew: I wrote to you like everyday you never got my letters?

He chuckles to himself.

Mathew: It's nice to see you again
Nia.

He smiles at you.

Nia: Letters?? I didn't know you felt that way. You acted like I didn't exist all day, but it's nice to see you too.

You smile back at him.

Mathew: I missed you- we missed you. He looks away avoiding eye contact.

You move to other side of the closet to sit next to him. He looks nervous.

Nia: So what was in those letters?

He starts to turn red.

Mathew: Nothing important.

He scoots over away from you.

Mathew: We cant do this.

You scoot closer to him.

Nia: We can't do what?

He scoots over until he's touching the wall. You scoot closer to him. your bodies touching.

Nia: Stop playing.

Mathew: I'm not. I just.

Nia: Tell me what was in those letters.

Mathew turns to you, staring into your eyes.

Mathew: Wouldn't you like to know.

You look into his eyes intently. You both slowly start to lean in. He grabs you by your chin gently drawing you in. He kisses you briefly. And pulls away to look at you for a second. He pulls you back in for another one.

Mathew: I've wanted to do that for a while.

The closest door opens. Me McGowan catches you guys.

did you like my story 🙌🏽🗿. more will be explained in the next chapter.