Uh-Oh

Allan picks Mathew up by his shirt and slams his back into a poll and repeatedly punches his face. Mathew is getting beat up badly. Allan throws him down to the ground and points the knife to his neck.

Allan: I'LL KILL YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

Both their eyes shift to you. Allans eyes are filled with rage. Mathew eyes are begging for help. Allan notices you look afraid and backs off Mathew. Allan runs off the train with out a word. You run toward Mathew who's still on the ground in shock.

Nia: OMG Mathew are you okay.

You reach your hand out to him.

Mathew: Get off me!

He pushes your hand away. And gets up and holds the pole and his other hand holding his side.

Mathew: You sat there and you watched me nearly die. I almost died to that weird fuck because of you. I-

He bows his head.

Mathew: I think I liked it better when you weren't here.

The train approaches the next station and he gets off. Leaving you stranded.

Mathew didn't go to school for the rest of the week. At the end of the day on Friday you make your way to his house.

You knock at his front door. He immediately opens the door.

Mathew: What are you doing here? He says with a disgusted expression.

Nia: Mathew, I came to see you I was worried.

Mathew: You didn't seem that worried when I was bout to die on the train?

He sighs.

Mathew: I'm fine now you can leave.

He slowly starts closing the door. You push against it and you fall in. You fall on top of him. He groans in discomfort. It took you both a moment to realize what happened. You sit up and look at him intently. He tries to hold eye contact but gets nervous and looks away. His face flushes red. His face gets serious again.

Mathew: Ow? Get off me.

He rolls his eyes. You get up and you close the door. You turn around and you analyze Mathew. Bruises and scratches all over his body.

Mathew: What do you want Nia?

He scratches the back of his head.

Nia: I'm sorry I didn't help on the train. I was just really scared Mathew.

He sighs.

Mathew: It's okay. And I'm sorry too. I should've never said what I said to you the other day no matter how upset I was.

He takes a seat on the couch.

Nia: It's okay. I think i'm ready to tell you everything.

His eyes widen.

Mathew: Are you sure?

Nia: Yea I'm sure.

You sit next to Mathew. He stares at you waiting for you to speak.

Nia: I was on my way back from Florida after visiting some family. On the drive back we got into a car crash. I was in a coma up until a few months ago. And when I woke up Allan was at my side he told me he found me when the car crashed. He checked up on me often. And we grew pretty close.