Chapter I: An Explosive Entrance

Hello, everybody! Jack of Knaves here, coming at you with a new chapter of The Prodigal Knight Returns! Now then, before we start, there are a few things that I would like to go over. First off, I'd like to reassure my readers that although this story will take several cues from stories like A New Kind of War, I will do my utmost to make sure that this story has its own identity separate from those that came before it, and I already have a number of things planned to differentiate The Prodigal Knight Returns wherever I can. In fact, you'll be seeing one of those things right here in this chapter.

Now, here's a few things to know about Revan's equipment. First off, Revan's default outfit is what I like to call the Foundry Robes, which were created by the Rakatan Foundry, which Revan made a pit stop at prior to looking for the crystal that sent her to the Clone Wars era. These robes are basically a fusion between both the Star Forge Robes/Armor and Revan's Robes from KOTOR 1, in that they provide the benefits of both outfits, are not alignment restricted, give Revan a boost in both light and dark power, and has a number of surprises and other features up its sleeves. In other words, it's a badass suit of armor befitting of the badass that is Darth Revan.

Additionally, apart from her classic red and purple lightsabers, Revan has a collection of lightsabers that would put General Grievous' to shame. Some single-hilt, some short, some double-bladed, that were taken from a number of different individuals that Revan killed, like the Mandalorian Leader from that side mission on Dantooine in KOTOR 1, the Dark Jedi that ambush you on the different planets with Star Maps (and wherever else Dark Jedi are fought in KOTOR 1) Darth Bandon, Darth Malak, and so on.

Well, that's all I wanted to go over. Let's begin!

Chapter One: An Explosive Entrance

Coruscant-Federal District-Chancellor Palpatine's Office-3,532 Years and Three Months Later

As a thunderstorm raged upon the city-planet of Coruscant, Chancellor Sheev Palpatine really wished he was somewhere else right now.

With him in his office right now were renowned and respected Jedi Councilmen Yoda and Mace Windu, along with lesser-known members of the Jedi Council Shaak Ti and Ki-Adi-Mundi. Also in the room were several senators and other political dignitaries, including Bail Organa, Jar Jar Binks (who Palpatine really wanted to either fry to a nice crisp with Force Lightning or introduce to the business end of his lightsaber, never mind the fact that it was because of Binks that had gained so much political power and authority in the first place), and Senator Padmè Amidala.

Palpatine had long since learned to deal with how infuriating his successor as the Senator of Naboo could be at times, especially considering she was secretly married to his prospective next Sith apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, and therefore could be a potential instrument in bringing about Skywalker's turn to the Dark Side, as well as something he could potentially use to keep Anakin in line should he get any ideas about usurping his power once he had turned. But, at the same time, he couldn't help but pray that, Force forbid, Anakin and Amidala did not have any daughters that were as much of a political idealist as Amidala was.

But, now was not the time to dwell on that.

The reason that the politicians were there was because they wanted to discuss a potential bill to further increase spending for the so-called Grand Army of the Republic, even though the Republic was dumping every last credit it had into the Clone Troopers' equipment, vehicles, weaponry, ships, and other military supplies. The Jedi, meanwhile, had shown up early for their own meeting due to a scheduling error. However, the Jedi had decided to hang around and add their own two credits to the discussion. However, Palpatine wasn't concerned about the outcome of the vote on the bill, not when he had virtually the entire Senate dancing to his tune. In fact, suffice it to say, Palpatine practically was the Senate. The bill would pass, and the Clone Wars would continue as planned, until the time came that he issued Order 66, which he suspected was not too far off.