Chapter 3:Where's Merlin?

"Dad?"The small boy

"Yes?"Arthur replied.

"When can I twain wiv you an unca Gwain?"He asked so innocently,Arthur couldn't believe how lucky he is that this was his and Gwen's son.
He looked down to him smiling.
"How about I let you come down and watch me train hmm?"He said making a face.The boy laughed in joy.

"Fank you dad"He put his arms around Arthur's neck,and tucked his face into his neck too.

"Your welcome Archer"He smiled hugging the boy closer.Laughing in joy.

All of a sudden a far away gallop is heard,Arthur looks on to the gates and sees a horse galloping speedily through the gates before any of the guards can catch it.

As Arthur takes this in his eyes widen in realisation,That's Merlin's horse.
As hurriedly as being able to hold Archer and run as Arthur is able to, he gets inside where Gwen is reading a piece of parchment,Gwen looks up at Arthur with a questioning expression plastered of her face.

"Take Archer"He says handing the 3 year old to his wife.

"Arthur what's wrong?"Arthur doesn't reply as he sprints through the door to the rest of the castle.

As he sprints through corridor after corridor,his mind goes haywire.

Where was Merlin?Why wasn't he on his horse when he came back?Did something happen to him?

That last thought gave Arthur chills.

He arrived at the main door,ran down the stairs,near tripping a few times on his way down.When his feet were flat on the ground he ran to the nearest guard.

"What happened?!"Arthur said impatiently.

The guard turned around to face the king.

"We don't know sire"The guard said.

"When did you last see him?"The king calmed down,There was no use yelling at the guard he was going to get the information from him anyway.

"He left very early this morning,before daylight sire"Arthur would ask Gaius about his timing later on.

Both Gwen and Gaius appeared behind the king,Gwen with Archer of course.

Gaius's face as soon as he saw the unoccupied horse flipped from usual to worried.

"Where unca Merwin?"A confused Archer was looking around confused.

Gwen looks down at Archer and says "yes where is uncle Merlin?".

The guard started telling the three what he knows.

While Arthur goes to Merlin's horse Morley,And starts to pat his black main hair.

Arthur sighs.
"Where is Merlin,Morley?hmmm where is he girl?"He puts his head to Morley's.

"I just hope he's alright"He sighs

I love the idea of Arthur loving horses!
And I also thought Morley was a nice name for a horse.
Hope your enjoying the story so far!