It all started with a taylor swift song.

Dedicated to SaiMahidhr. Thank you so much for your support. I was able to write this chapter because of you ❤❤

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We come down to grab a bite and catch Hitesh waving at us as we enter the restaurant.

"Hey," he calls out and signals us to join him. He sits alone in a booth with a plate half full of biryani.

"Hey, " I reply joining him at the booth.

"So what do you guys wanna order?" he questions as we sit down.

"Sandwich, French fries and lemon mint juice,"

"Wow, you pre-planned what you want to eat!?" He asks me while signalling for the server.

I grin sheepishly and repeat the order to the server while Naina fiddles with the menu.

"Anything else?" the server questions. 

"Yes, Butter chicken and garlic naan," Naina adds.  

After repeating our order he moves on to the next table to take their order. 

"You seemed upset this afternoon. Everything alright?" he asks looking at me with concern etched on his face. 

"Yeah, everything sorted now, "I answer with a small smile. 

Not sure if it actually is. 

"Sooo Hitesh. We never really got to know you, man. Where are you from?" Naina questions with her eyes slit. 

Trouble, trouble, here comes trouble. 

I kick her leg under the table, but she doesn't even budge. 

"Well yeah true. I'm from Banglore. Used to work in a startup. Got bored with the 9-5 job so quit it," 

"Oh," I answer, really curious now. 

"Yeah," he replies looking at me, "I then followed my passion,  though my parents didn't like it. I even have an Instagram page sho--,"

"Hey guys, whatcha talking about," Adarsh cuts in sliding beside Hitesh. 

"Hitesh was just telling about himself," I answer before Naina and he start fighting- again. 

"Enough about me. Tell me about the story you didn't finish. What happens next?" Hitesh says, with the same curious eyes I had before. 

"Hey, finish your story dude," Adarsh replies. 

"There is nothing much to it. Used to do a boring job quit it and then joined TLC. Finally, I feel like I'm alive.  So that's pretty much it. What about you?" he asks looking at Adarsh. 

"Well, I got a pre-placement offer at TLC through my college. I actually interned here at TLC last year too. I choose to work instead of doing a boring project for my final semester credits. So that's how I landed here," he says with his hand running through his hair

"Oh cool. so you were one of those lucky people to get a pre-placement offer. Nice," I say already dreaming of getting the same. 

"I'm sure I'll get it too if you can get it," Naina smirks.

What's up with these two!?

"Don't count your eggs before they hatch," he says winking.

"So, back to the question, how far did your deal with the devil go, " Hitesh asks, obviously trying to cool down the fire between these two.