Escape.

The darkness around soon takes a toll on me and before I realise I am drowned in it.

I open my eyes to see darkness around me. I'm not even sure if I opened my eyes, because it looks the same.

After what seemed like an eternity, I hear whispers and the sound of footsteps approaching me. I try to listen to what they are talking and keep still.

"Why hasn't he shown up yet?" asks someone who sounds distinctly like the Jamaican guy.

"Yeah. Are you sure you even sent him the video?" asks a second voice.

"Yes. I did. I also dared him to come here. Given his huge ego he will be here anytime," the third guy replies.

"Where is our boss?"

"He is also on his way," says the second guy.

Who is this boss? Who are they waiting for?

Before I could come to a conclusion, the smell of greasy french fries and burgers, probably from these guys, hits me.

My stomach growls, just from the smell of food. Even though it's something I'm not quite fond of, it's still food. I wonder how long have I been here.

I close my eyes wondering when was the last time I had food. I take in deep breathes to control myself.

"Do you think she is awake?" asks the Jamaican guy as their footsteps near.

"Probably not. She is not even screaming like she usually does,"

"Don't get fooled by her. Remember she tried to outrun you guys once!" says the third guy, probably the smartest amongst them.

Giving up pretending, I move to get their attention.

"What is it now?" asks the smart guy, slowly removing the cloth off my mouth.

"Why am I here! What do you guys want?" I ask looking at where I presumed they were.

"Time will answer your questions. Now, wait."

"I can't any longer. Please tell me so I can help you guys, so I will be free. Tell me please," I plead them having no other option to get out.

"No! Let our boss come,"

"At least free my eyes. They're burning in pain," I say turning around to my left, judging by their voice they seemed to have moved.

"Pleaseeeee!" I beg again when I don't hear any response.

I go on and on, hoping I at least irritate them and they free my eyes. I half thought they'd gag me up again, but they weren't keen on hurting me.

After my tenth or so attempt they finally remove the cloth over my eyes.

The minute he does, light hits my eye and I'm blinded for a second. After my eyes adjust to the surrounding lights, I see that I am tied somewhere where there are no windows and the only source of light was the flickering bulb right above me. All three of them looking down at me.

Before I could ask them about why did they kidnap me, I hear a loud roar of an engine outside. Like the sound of a beast roaring.

"Who is it?" I ask reflexively.

"Might be the boss," they declare heading up.

"He must be excited for the fight," one guy hollers.

What fight?

After they leave me alone, I look around and see that I was not in the basement where I thought I was. This looked more like a garage, and has only one ventilation up for the light to enter.