Chapter 7

Marinette is quite happy with how her day is going so far. The only tiring thing she's had to deal with is other students almost begging her to sit with them, join their group, boys asking if she's single and whatnot. 

Marinette was currently in her room decorating since she had a free period. Allegra was with her too.

"So how are you finding the school so far? Is it to your liking?" the blonde asked.

Marinette smiled and nodded, "yeah much more than I thought,"

"I heard a little rumour,"

Marinette nearly froze. Whatever it was she was already thinking it was negative.

"W-What did you hear?" Marinette asked

"That you outshone Felox during business class today,"

Marinette sighed in relief internally, "Oh that? It was nothing,"

Allegra chuckled, "that wasn't nothing Marinette. Felix is at the top of, I think, all his classes and never gets an answer wrong when he's asked. the fact that he fumbled once and the whole class witnessed it is pretty funny to me,"

Marinette blushed lightly, "It somehow turned into a contest,"

"Which you won! You beat the Ice King. Many students would say that's an achievement. And Felix never loses. He hates it,"

"Ice King?" Marinette deadpanned.

Allegra laughed at her reaction, "yes! when we first met him he was cold. He wasn't nice. I really disliked him you know. I was always annoyed whenever Claude dragged him over to us,"

"What changed?" Marinette asked.

Allegra looked like she was deep in thought for a moment. As if there was trying to be careful with her answer.

"I got to know him, even if he didn't want to get to know us at first. Claude obviously got through to him first. He has that effect on people,"

Marinette giggled, "yeah Claude is really sweet,"

"Felix honestly isn't bad. He can be rude and snarky but he's nice-ish with those he likes and that's a very small number."

Marinette nodded, "right. Do you think- oh wait, I basically embarrassed him in class! There is no way he'll wanna be friends with me let alone tolerate me!"

Allegra blinked at Marinette's sudden panic, "Calm down Marinette you'll be fine. He may be moody about it but you'll be fine!"

Marinette stared at the blonde.

Allegra smiled sheepishly, "I think,"

Marinette huffed and went back to organising her fabrics.

Meanwhile...

Lila was feeling restless. Marinette wasn't in school and Lila had lies ready to make her miserable.

She would have found a way to ask Chloe but she knew that wouldn't work. She always thought that she would become friends with Chloe since she apparently also disliked Marinette. That would have most likely happened if she hadn't gone back to New York and come back a new person.

Ugh.

It also didn't help that Sabrina didn't have any useful information to use against Chloe. They used to be best friends after all. Lila thought she'd have at least one juicy secret about the Mayor's daughter she could maybe blackmail her with or something.

"Hey girl, did you hear what I said?"

Lila was pulled out of her thoughts and she smiled at Alya and shook her head.