Chapter 23

Felix and Marinette were in the library at their own table sitting in silence studying. It's what they did every Wednesday during their free period as they have one at the same time. It was a comfortable silence. Usually.

For marinette at this very moment, she didn't want to really just sit in silence for an hour and study. She wants to start up a conversation but she feels nervous at the moment and unsure of what exactly to say. Would the vet want to respond? He does look very focused on his literature work.

Just as she opened her mouth, a familiar red-haired boy showed up.

"Hey, Marinette! Didn't think I'd catch you in here,"

Both Marinette and Felix turned their heads towards the intruder.

"Oh, Hi Remi. I do come here often to study for the hour," Marinette politely replied.

"A whole hour of studying? Pretty and smart eh?" Remi chuckled.

Felix resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Remi's somewhat flirting. Pretty? Is that all he could say about Marinette?

Marinette just giggled, "Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty smart,"

"You should've told me that you have a free period around this time. We could've hung out or something," Remi said as he leaned against the edge of the table, not really acknowledging Felix.

"Uh, well I guess I never thought to tell you. But I come here with Felix every Wednesday so..." Marinette gestured towards Felix who had a visibly annoyed look on his face.

Remi glanced at the blonde, silently gulped when he caught his eye and looked back at Marinette, "Right. Oh well. Maybe we can catch up later then?"

Marinette nodded, "sure, we can talk later,"

"Cool! In a bit then," Remi hopped on the table and left the two alone.

Marinette gave Felix an unimpressed look, "what was that about?"

Felix quirked a brow, "Pardon?"

"You heard me. You scared him off with that look you gave him. What's got you so annoyed?"

"I didn't give him a look and I am not annoyed"

"Yes you did and yes you are,"

"Whatever. Why did you not just leave with him? Do you two not have something going on?" Felix asked. It was a bold question but it was better to know.

"What? Of course not!" Marinette replied quicker than she realised but she was also taken aback by the question. why would he even think that?

"Doesn't seem like it to others,"

"Well I— hold on, why would you care?" Marinette asked

"I don't," he lied through his teeth.

"Yeah, you do. You're even doubting my words so you must care to some extent Felix," Marinette responded with a sassy tone.

Felix sighed, "Can we go back to studying in silence please?"

"Sure, whatever," Marinette huffed and pulled out her laptop while Felix focused on his writing again.

None of them noticed Claude, Allegra and Allan behind one of the bookshelves, spying on them, all facepalming at the same time.

"Man, what is he doing?" Claude whispered.

"He's so unserious. I can't believe I'm bunking for this," Allan mumbled.

"Well nobody forced you, buddy," Claude replied, "I can only hope that Shortcake realised that Felix was clearly jealous of Remi,"

"Meh, she can't even tell that Remi is into her somehow. I don't think she'll notice Felix's jealousy," Allegra chuckled.