•°ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ~1°•

•ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴsᴛᴏɴᴇ•
ɴɪɴᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ ᴏғ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss ʀʜᴀᴇɴʏʀᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴅᴀᴇᴍᴏɴ ᴛᴀʀɢᴀʀʏᴇɴ.
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴡ ɪɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ
ᴜɴғᴏʀɢɪᴠɪɴɢʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ ᴄʜɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏɴᴇs ᴏғ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ.
ʀᴜғғʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴘɪɴᴇs ᴏғ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴs,
ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ
ᴘᴀss.

For the night is dark and full of terrors.

PITCH darkness created a blanket over the landscape of Dragon Stone. The fires lit across the bridge and embedded on the castle walls, were mere flickers in the dark. Only the heavy movements of the dragons could be heard, their magnificent bodies camouflaged under the cover of night.

Syrax and Caraxes had taken a liking to eachother these nine months past. Warming up to eachother greatly, despite the age difference, they became very fond of one another's company, quite alike those of their riders. They could often be found flying under eachother's lines of fire when either Daemon, or Rhaenyra belted the word Dracarys. Meaning Dragon fire in their ancestral tongue of Valyrian.

Currently however, the duo of dragons could not be seen. Along with their abnoxiously loud roars or groans, the sound of crashing waves against the rock made false attempts of drowning out the sound. Almost as though it wanted the Dragons to vanish all together.

Syrax had somehow made herself aware that Rhaenyra was in pain. She had ridden the dragon right up until three days ago, the abrupt stop sent the Princess of Dragon Stone inside to bedrest. Syrax could also sense that Rhaenyra was not alone on Dragon back, almost as though she had another presence within her. Unbeknownst to the Dragon, her senses were on point, and very right.
The tension pulling at Syrax inner control was strengthening. Ready to snap, and it did.

Her mouth opened, a vicious groan let out from her throat. If you stood close enough, her throat would be glowing a fiery orange. However, if you were close enough then that would mean your end was coming. Because an ear splitting roar was let out, followed by the blinding blaze that shot up through the air. The dragons were in full veiw now, their fire lighting up the sky. Commencing the night of Fire and blood to begin.

~

"Those ghastly dragons are breathing fire again your Grace." One of the servants informed Daemon.
Like he could not hear the roars himself.
His temper was running thin, for once his nerves were shared with his Children and Step-children.

Jacaerys had not taken too much of a liking to his Step-father. The lingering rumor that Laenor was not his true Father had attached itself to Jace's mind. If Laenor was not his Father, and if Ser Harwin Strong was never truly able to show his emotions to Jace, then he would have no true Father at all. Lucerys did not mind Daemon, but he missed Laenor despite anything else. Aswell as that factor, he idolised Jace, so if his elder brother was estranged to Daemon. Then he was likely to follow Jacaerys' motives in his own way.

Baela and Rhaena were mourning their late mother heavily until a few months prior. Rhaenyra comforted them in every aspect she could, but she knew from first hand experience, losing a mother is not something you forget within a day. Rhaenyra even went on Dragon outings with Baela, they even enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately, it had to end out of Baela's love for her sister. The girl asked to stop as her sister felt left out after not having a dragon of her own.

Rhaenyra was convinced the God's were watching that day, because a month later, Syrax brought forth another clutch of eggs. Two, which was a perfect amount. Rhaenyra asked Daemon to gift the egg to his daughter himself, after all, what she really needed was her Father back, or at least to have him in the first place.
Daemon agreed after a few grunts. Rhaena found that it was to be the greatest night of her life, a dragon egg, and her Father paying attention to the fact she even existed. Two things she longed for in life. From then on, Rhaena would pray by her bedside every nightfall that the egg would hatch. Engulfing it flames each night, dreaming to one day shout the words 'Dracarys!' Atop her own dragon.
She was still going at it, but both Rhaenyra and Daemon knew it would eventually happen.