•°ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ~2°•

THE Queen paced the length of her chambers. It was fairly close to those of her daughter by law. The pillows and blankets were finely lined with red and gold decoration, neat trimmings as they were. No matter how pretty the room was, she missed her room back at Kings Landing. Back there she was in control.

The silver haired boy was sat in the corner of her chambers. Lounging on a seat, clearly irritated by his summoning. Aegon moved a stray strand of hair away from his eyes. Obscuring his vision.
The boys and Halaena were dragged to Dragon Stone against their will. Supposedly perks of having an overprotective mother.

"And why am I here Mother? I get that the stupid Babe was born. Probably another bastard like the boys anyway." Aegon complained.

Alicent stopped her pacing and swung
her head of brown coils around to face her eldest child. Her face fuming, and her eyes wide as though someone had just rudely offended her.

"Aegon. Tell me, how can you be so stupid?" She asked, all stern like.

Aegon furrowed his brows in response and portrayed an offended look of his own.

"What?"

Alicent marched over to him. Her dark and crimson gown trailing behind her as she moved.
"Harwin Strong is Dead. Rhaenyra married Daemon, Aegon. How on earth is Ravaena a bastard?"

"Alright, and. She's a babe, she can't do anything. Mother are you sure you're alright?" He questioned.

Alicent fumed, her temper running thin.

"SHE IS A CHILD OF A PROPHECY AEGON!" She shouted, getting up close to his smug face. Aegon lurched backwards. "SHE IS JAEHAERYS' DREAM IN LIVING PROOF. AEGON!" Alicent sighed.

"That girl it the first trueborn heir of Rhaenyra's, Jace, Luke and Joff are still ahead of her in the line for the Throne." Alicent said.

"Then why is it a big deal?" Aegon questioned.

Alicent cupped her face in her hands. And screamed into them. The sound all muffled and terrible to hear.

"You are no son of mine. How can you be so blind? If Ravaena is Fireborn, she will be the dragon rider the Targaryens haven't had in centuries. She is the heir that will survive no matter what happens. It is her destiny Aegon!"

"But she is fifth in line Mother."

"Yes, second in line by blood. By trueborn law, The other boys are illegitimate, even if they take the Throne, the girl will be by their side. and you and Aemond will be shoved to the bottom like unwanted cattle." Alicent explained.

"If I can prove that they are bastards, it will no good anyway. Ravaena will be next in line. I'm stuck here Aegon! Stuck, either way we lose." Her voice faltered. "We lose." It was then Alicent's voice trailed off into a whisper. "You must grow up now."

For the first time in a very long time, she felt ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀʟᴇss.

<>

Rhaenyra got up the next morn, and summoned her previously thought ally. Or was that a lie as well? Alamaris claimed she was on their side, but people can change as often as the tides change. At random and when you least expect it to happen.

Rhaenyra garbled herself with a deep red dress that was just about comfortable, not to thick that she suffocated, not too light that she froze to death from the unforgiving winds of the ocean. Her hair was braided into a circlet around the crown of her head. Weaved into a crown of her own. Ravaena in her temporary crib on the other side of the room. Sleeping for the moment.