𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

╚═══ -ˋˏ *

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

When Ava finally got the chance to see Ash she didn't know what she expected, but she really didn't expect to see one of the strongest people she knows pale and frail laying in a hospital bed with monitors beeping and wires all over him. Both his legs were in casts and he had a back brace on as well, his face was all bruised from the impact of him hitting the water.

If it wasn't for the steady beeping of the monitor Ava would have sworn he was dead.

"I'm going to go downstairs and meet Carole, she brought Sarah so I could see her for a little bit. I'll be back soon." Maggie said wheeling Ava up to Danny's bedside, she bent down and gently kissed Danny's cheek. "I love you baby. Don't go anywhere while I'm gone."

It was when Maggie left the room that Ava let herself break. Tears seeped out of the corners of her eyes as she gently grabbed Danny's limp and cold hand placing a kiss on the back of his palm.

"God Danny." Ava shook her head. "This shouldn't have happened to you, you shouldn't be here in this stupid bed. You should be at home with Maggie and Sarah. You've got to come back to us, Sarah had some big news to share with you and I know you're going to be so happy."

Ava watched with bated breath, hoping that just maybe if she said the right thing he'd open his eyes. Or maybe she would wake up from this horrible nightmare, but minutes pasted and Danny remained the same making Ava sigh and wipe her eyes.

"You know I'm not sure if you can hear me or not. But I'm willing to bet you can. You are the best RIO I could ever imagine flying with, you treated me with dignify and respect from the moment we met and I will be forever grateful for it. You never let me being a woman get in the way of what we do in the sky, you are my best friend and I don't think I'll be ok if you die." Ava said as her voice broke. "So rest all you need. But come back to us. Please. I love you."

Ava leaned back against her chair and watched the steady rise and fall of his chest, it was a reminder that he was still here. That he hasn't gone anywhere and just as long as he just keeps fighting Ava knows everything will be alright, because you can't kill someone as stubborn and pigheaded as Danny Bayes.

"Lieutenant Mitchell! You aren't suppose to be in here!" A nurse exclaimed as she came into the room making Ava sigh

"You didn't really think you could keep me in the same hospital as my best friend and not expect me to sneak away and see him, did you? Because that's just ignorant on your part." Ava shrugged with a smirk making the nurse sigh and shake her head