𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

╚═══ -ˋˏ *

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

The day has come. It's graduation day, the day that Ava is making history as the first ever female Naval Aviator to go through the Top Gun program.

As Ava got dressed in her white dress uniform she couldn't help but think back to her flight school graduation. She had joined the academy when she was freshly turned 18, after watching her older brother join up the year before she knew that there was nothing else she'd rather be doing.

She was so nervous that day, being the only woman in her class was tough it seemed that no matter how hard she worked and how much she succeeded no one wanted her to make it.

All of her fellow classmates tried sabotaging her by stealing her uniform, her helmet, unplugging the gas hose to her jet when, tripping her up during fit tests, messing with her during water training. It was miserable and any other person would've given up, and Ava would've too if it wasn't for Danny.

He had graduated with Maverick and Goose but had owed one of the instructors a favor so he was visiting the academy when he caught sight of Ava. They had only met briefly at Mavericks graduation and he hadn't thought much of her. But when he saw just how hard she worked and what all she had to go through he knew that she has what it takes to be a naval aviator.

If it wasn't for Danny, Ava wasn't sure she would've made it through. He took her under his wing when she was on her last string, about to pull out of the academy and just go to school to become a nurse or teacher. Something more fit for a woman. But Danny wouldn't allow it, and for that Ava will forever owe her career to him.

It feels wrong for her to be graduating from Top Gun without Danny by her side, sometimes she wishes that these past few days were just a horrible nightmare. That she'd wake up and everything would be ok, Danny would be awake and they would be finishing at the top of their class.

But then reality comes knocking and she's forced to remember everything all over again in the form of nightmares. They started shortly after she was released from the hospital. Each time they became worse and worse. She'd replay the accident in her head over and over again except this time Danny died. Or her mind would spin what happened and result in Maverick, Goose, or Ice being the ones hurt.

It's gotten harder and harder to hide her nightmares from her brother and boyfriend. The dark circles under her eyes and sunken pale cheekbones showcasing her lack of sleep. No matter how much they try to talk to her and get her to open up, she refuses. That's just how Mitchell's are, never ones for showcasing their emotions and feelings. All they can do is keep a close eye on her and be there for her.