Chapter 2 Meeting the Visitor

________________________________________________________________________________

(Unknown person's POV)

My vision returns to me as I take a brief look around, noticing that I am still in this world, and begin to recollect the events of the day before. I'd concluded yesterday that this was not my world, but rather a parallel to it or something entirely different. This realization came when I met with the human girl, who was capable of things no human could do or even achieve. If the same thing had occurred in my world in the past, it would've been recorded and considered a turning point for humans, possibly preventing their extinction.

I tried to stand up but realized my body was unable to, I noticed my body was stiff, so I decided to use my umbrella as support as my entire body stood up. I had chosen to take a stroll around this human city, perhaps to see what it was like for humans when they were alive. The little I knew about them was limited since their extinction was unexpected and there were few records left regarding their behavior, as if someone wanted to ensure they were actually gone.

This is strange, I thought as I saw the humans gaze at me, puzzled and, in some instances, amazed. That wasn't the strange part; it was the fact that these humans' stares made me feel something quite uncomfortable in my chest, as if it was screaming for me to leave and hide for all eternity. This wasn't the first time I felt something coming from my chest; when I saw the human boy, I felt my chest screaming for me to save the boy.

Is this something Resident Mind left for me, or did they curse me with this chest sensation? I shrugged and proceeded on my way till I came across a mass of people dressed in various costumes. I consulted my memory to see if there was anything in the archives about this, but I was interrupted by a shove on my shoulder. I glance behind me and see a human.

With what appeared to be fake white hair pushed back and some fancy clothing I'm not acquainted with, something stood out, which was the weapon drifters would employ, which I believe was called a "katana."

"Nice cosplay," the curiously dressed human remarked, as I tilted my head at the words "cosplay." Is this an undocumented human custom? I think that all human events have been kept and preserved.'

'This must be a world-exclusive event,' I reasoned, as the human looked perplexed. I gestured to where my lips should be, and they understood and left me alone. I decided to follow the mass of individuals who were taking part in this 'cosplay' event, which finally brought me to a stage where we were given these glow sticks.

I decided to join the crowd and take a seat towards the top, and as I did so, the light that illuminated the ground abruptly went off and on again, this time to focus on a bluish-purple-haired girl who began to sing a lovely song, while my thoughts pondered what the significance of it all was. Is this a human characteristic that I don't understand?

I felt my chest flutter a little as I continued to examine the girl since I observed how happy and eager she looked to be. This sparked my attention even more, and I felt compelled to question her as if I were a reporter. I chose to do so, though, after the show.

I continued to watch her enthusiastic motions, which occasionally caused the audience to yell loudly. My views were cut short as I watched the audience start to leave, signifying the end of it. I was fascinated by this girl, so I stayed with some others until I observed some of them being asked to leave.

When I observed the girl walking backstage, I decided to follow her and try to get the answers I needed. Before leaping off the ground and diving down, the canopy of my umbrella began to swirl around. I followed her footsteps until I felt her enter a door. After some consideration, I made the decision to enter the room once more. As I did so, I overheard a gasp and something falling to the floor.