FIVE.

KAMAIA WAS LOST. She didn't know whether or not to follow her heart or her head. One was telling her to leave Jude alone, to focus on herself and her own feelings, while the other only wanted her to be selfish and keep him close to her. Though she knew all too well that that wouldn't end how she wanted.

The past three months had been the best and worst months of her life ever since she met Jude, but she saw it all coming. Jude had his own life, a very busy one at that, so it was bound to be that something would get in the way of their blossoming relationship.

Jude on the other hand was about as observant to the outings world as an oyster. If no one told him to look beyond what something might be, then he never would've. He just thought that he liked Kamaia's company, liked being with her and making her laugh. Until it turned to wanting more out of it, wanting to make her laugh everyday, and being the only one able to do so.

But as stubborn as he was, he realised that he couldn't give her everything she wanted, that at some point, their relationship wouldn't work, so it was better for it to never exist than to happen and fail. Only he could never seem to leave her alone.

"Why are you so upset? Boy George just got taken off of I'm A Celeb, we should be partying." Eden asked suddenly, taking Kamaia's attention away from her thoughts and onto the TV.

"Hm? Oh, I'm not really in the mood to watch, honestly. I want to sleep" she replied, a yawn leaving her lips on cue.

"Yeah, no. You've done way too much of that since Jude said that shit───" Charlize said, but was interested by a jab to her ribs from Eden. "Ahem. What I meant to say is, you should do something else to take your mind off of... you know who."

"I've tried literally everything in the book. Maybe I should go see him, it'd be better to talk it out face to face, right?"

"No."

"Yes."

Eden and Charlize looked at each other with perplexed faces after giving their different answers at the same time, and Kamaia simply huffed, grabbing her phone and telling the two girls that she would be back in a bit.

─── ༉‧₊˚✧ ───

A bit actually turned into four hours: Kamaia ended up facetiming Jude and talking to him throughout the rest of the evening, her laughs being heard by the other girls downstairs.

"He makes her so happy but he's such a bitch," Eden sighed, wishing Jude didn't pick and choose whenever he wanted Kamaia.

"Facts, the day he actually claims her is the day I'll be nice to him."

"Are you sure you can't come over? I'll pay for the ticket and all, even for Eden and Charlize. Though I have a feeling they hate me." Jude tried once more, speaking softly as he put the hood of his hoodie over his head.

"They don't hate you, they just... need a little longer to warm up to you. Plus they're just looking out for me; we've been together since knee height. As for Qatar... I suppose I can ask my mum since I've finished lessons early for the holidays," she smiled at him.

"Wait, for real?"

"No, I'm playing with you."

When Jude didn't respond, she looked up at her screen to see him staring back at her with the most unamused face ever. "God, I'm joking, don't be so depressed."

"That shit's not funny, my heart did those jumpy stuff," Jude groaned, nonetheless smiling that the girl he'd grown to like so much was actually about to witness him playing in one of the best tournaments.

"They're called butterflies, babe." Kamaia giggled, a sound that made Jude feel even softer in the moment.

"Yeah, whatever."

Listening from outside of her door, Eden and Charlize turned to each other with similar expressions that quite literally read 'aww'.

"I hate how cute they can be," Charlize groaned as they walked away. "Jude needs to fix himself up before they both end up getting hurt."

"Agreed. But on the bright side, we're going to Qatar! Time to rizz up Trent and become a wag like now," Eden clapped, going to her own room, leaving Charlize to her own devices.

─── notes.
awwww they make me sick
and i'm the one writing this
🙁

ALSO i posted my marcus
book go look at it 🤭