TWENTY THREE.

bukayo

bukayo
yo
bukayo
get up, get dressed, i'm taking
you to the arcade
bukayo
we haven't caught up in a bit 🤞🏿

kamaia
take charlize with you
kamaia
i'm tired

bukayo
i don't remember asking.
bukayo
so once again
bukayo
get UP, get DRESSED. NOW.

kamaia
OKAY.
kamaia
some sassy fucking man apocalypse fr

KAMAIA GOT DRESSED AS QUICK AS SHE COULD, which was took an hour considering Bukayo had only just told her that he'd be taking her out for the day. He didn't say much, only that they'd be going to the new indoor and outdoor arcade complex that had opened recently. It wasn't odd for Bukayo and Kamaia to hang out randomly, after all they had been close friends since year 10.

But it was odd for Bukayo to take her to the same place where she met Jude.

"You took your sweet time," Bukayo sighed, tapping his imaginary watch on his wrist as Kamaia stepped out of her Uber, walking towards him with a confused expression.

"You're the one that basically forced me out of bed," she huffed. "I paused Princess and the Frog for this."

"I'm so honoured." He clapped sarcastically.

They walked in, stopping at the reception to pay for their entry tickets. It took a little longer than expected because Kamaia wouldn't let Bukayo pay for her, and he kept slapping her hand away from the card reader.

"Mums, Kamaia, if you don't move your card," he deadfaced her, and only then did she move, not before mocking him behind his back.

He let her buy her own food though, only because he knew he was running a but behind schedule. "You get your food, I'm gonna check something out. I'll be back, do not go wandering." He told her as she held her hands up in surrender.

Bukayo went the opposite way to Kamaia, going round the arcade machines and towards the bowling alleys were Charlize was sending glares to a clearly uncomfortable Jude.

"Bro, what took you so long?" He huffed when he saw Bukayo approaching him.

"Don't even, you know how stubborn Kam is," Bukayo started, kissing his girlfriend's cheek as she got up.

"Don't ever leave me with him for that long again... Swear my eyes started twitching for what?" She rolled her eyes, taking Bukayo's hand in hers.

"You have one chance, don't fuck up, please," Bukayo pointed at Jude, who simply nodded, silently praying that Declan's plan would work.

Bukayo got out his phone and texted Kamaia to meet him where he was, getting ready for either something very good, or very bad.

The minute she arrived, everything got a bit too silent. "Yeah, not today." She simply said, turning around and making her way back out.

"Wait, Kam," Charlize quickly said, making her way to her friend. She stopped, still not turning in case Jude was looking at her, so Charlize went and stood in front of her.

"Look, as much as I hate him right now, I really think this is something you two should do face to face. So, keep your chin up, if he starts shit talking, put him in his place, and you'll be good, okay? I'm only a phone call away, babe." She rambled.