𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕,

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸   𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕,

"So?" Levi fishes for an answer as I back out of the parking lot carefully before turning onto the main road where I'll soon find our turn.

I glance quickly toward my older brother in the passenger seat as he adjusts his seatbelt across his chest and slides his phone into the pocket of his blue worn out jeans.

"So? So what?"

His head swings toward me and I catch a small smirk forming as he adjusts the a/c to near blasting temps, and it helps cool off my heated cheeks. He leans his head back against the headrest of my jeep and wraps his arms around it relaxing.

His tall lean frame fills my entire front seat. My big brother was growing up, right before my eyes. His beard, the starting of his new tattoo sleeve on his left arm, the slow disappearance of his once baby face a simple reminder of the time passing by.

And he spent that time with me. By my side.

I still see the young boy I used to follow around our entire childhood because We always seemed to find trouble and fun. Simultaneously of course. But I see the man he's becoming and I'm proud of him.

Since the move here, he's beginning to follow his dreams of pursuing art and tattooing. This job was just the beginning of his apprenticeship, but he would also juggle obtaining an art degree from the local community college.

He was building his own life.

It was all I wanted for him.

"So, are you going to tell me how it went bubs or just keep me guessing?" He asks again with a deep chuckle.

The mall. He was asking about the mall.

"It went fine. Better than the last few times I guess." Shrugging my shoulders half-heartedly as I steer the jeep toward our turn and find myself glancing at the group of teenagers across the street from us.

They still seemed to be hanging out around the same table but all with drinks this time. I can't find the blond despite my quick scan of the group.

"Spence?" Levi calls my name and I jerk my head back to him and see there's no smirk, but a look of confusion and I know Levi is trying to read me. I know it's only a matter of time before he either figures it out or gets it out of me.

I gulp before sighing.

But before I open my mouth, I catch movement in my peripheral and glance out my window.

The blonde is standing head-to-head with an even taller brown-haired boy. I can't see the other guy's face, but I see blonde and the time he looks pissed, gone was the easy-going grin.

I feel the frown form on my face before I realize the emotion that comes over me.