9|𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜

Word Count: 1k

cw: none

-

3rd POV (Adam)

-

Adam got ready do get out of the old shack and explore outside. Better to know your surroundings before regretting it. (Y/N) was in the other room, but it was oddly soundless. No words, no footsteps, no humming. Nothing. Just the morning breeze hitting off the trees. It was... Unsettling, certainly. So he made the decision to look and see if she was in the room ahead... Which she wasn't... Not again!

-

3rd POV (The Reader)

-

She realized she dozed off. She shook her head a bit to just get herself out of that mind trance. She looked down and..? Why was she in a dressing room. There was also a note. Being sick of all this she lousily got the envelope that was already seemingly open. The note read;
"Dear (Y/N), you've been invited to join us in a masquerade this night. Dress nicely, and please, I insist you bring a mask, unless you wish to not be able to enter. And of course, let us know if you are unable to  make an arrangement to come for tonight. Thank you.

- Sincerely, Masqueraze"

So formal.. wait, did someone just knock? "Miss (Y/N)? Are you there? It almost the to attend the masquerade and I still have to do your hair. Hello??" Is this... your maid or something? You then noticed the dress and mask you were to wear. It all looked so but very expensive. And, were those real jewels!? Very extravagant. "Wait, this might be a trap.." you say to yourself quietly. Surely this was to lure you into their trap. But.. why else would the maid ask you such question.

You fix your posture quickly. "Ahem, um, please tell—" You squint at the paper to look at the entity's name. "Masquerade that I have to uhh, decline the offer.

"Pardon me, my lady, but you've already accepted and they are waiting for you. I.. I don't think that he'll like it if I have to explain your absence. Again, please forgive me..."

You exhale. Of course.

"Alright..." You check yourself out, seems that you were already ready to head off anyhow. "I'll be on my way, just let me grab a few things, alright?"

"Yes Ma'am."

She's so formal... For no reason. It's not like you were royalty or any of that sorts. Although, being treated as such? You don't mind a single bit. In fact, you like it.

You exit the room, and see the scared looking woman. Knees wobbly and head facing the floor. You weren't that intimidating, were you??

You coughed and she jumped.

"Oh, yes, right this way."

You followed her through the long hall, and to the outside. It was clearly night time, if the sky didn't give you a clue. The smell was actually rather nice. Had it started raining earlier? Although it has stopped, the smell was fresh.

A fancy black car came to pick you up, and no words were exchanged besides a hello and a smile. The driver was a tall man, not so threatening, but the way he kept eyeing you from the car mirror was.. questionable? It certainly did make you uncomfortable, but once you arrived at your destination, he said a quick goodbye and rode off. You sighed, relieved to be out of that weird situation.

But soon enough you would be thrown into another odd situation. You looked around the fancy looking mansion. From the outside only, you were shy to go inside. You saw multiple people with masks go in and then it hit you. You didn't bring a mask. Surely it was fine though.

It wasn't.

Once you had enough courage to actually go up to the bounce, he denied you, saying if you had no mask, there was no entrance. "What a hoe.."

You tapped your feet as it started raining. Your hair went damp and your clothes were soaked by the end of it, all thanks to the lack of an umbrella. You shivered but denied anyone who was kind enough to offer you an umbrella, telling them that it was your problem, not there's. In a, kind-ish way?

Well, too late to be sorry for yourself. It was your problem now indeed.

It had been at least 3 hours and that's when you saw the hord of people come out. You weren't too surprised at that fact. The mansion is huge, and this Masqueraze guy seems to be quite popular. You exhale, until you hear the call of you name

"Miss.(Y/N)?"

You turned around, seeing the bouncer look at you embarrassed. He probably got a scolding by his boss.

"Uhh, yes..??"

"Masqueraze wishes to speak to you. Please, follow me."

You nod, following the brute man into the large establishment. The warmth of the environment envelops you whole. And with that you shivered, obviously not used to it as goosebumps formed on your skin.

"Hello there, Miss (L/N)"

Oh shit, his voice was, so but very deep. The words rolled off his tongue like smooth butter.

But you're not down bad.

AJAJJAJA except a new chapter soon lmao