nine

chapter nine

chapter nine... ❝𝐧𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐮𝐬❞

"HEY ROSE" CONRAD SPOKE AS HE
entered kallie's room, but then paused once he saw her cuddled up with his brother. "oh."

he turned around to leave the room before he heard rustling coming from the bed. "oh hey conrad!" jere spoke as he woke up.

"hey jere,"

"what're you doing here?"

"uh, well i came here to ask rose if she wanted to come with me to go and get belly something for her birthday, cause i kinda forgot."

"but you never forget belly's birthday." jere told the boy as he got out of the bed.

"i know, but i've been busy."

"i can go with you if you want?"

"nah, jere it's fine. you should go help them set up breakfast. i can go alone"

"uh, okay then." the boy replied as he left the room and headed down the stairs toward the kitchen. conrad just stood there as he looked around kallie's room. he smiled as he saw the glass unicorn that he had gotten her back when they were younger. but he quickly got out of his thoughts once he heard stirring coming from kallie's bed. he looked over to see her sitting up in her bed. "morning connie"

"morning rose"

"where's jere?" she asked, noticing that the younger boy wasn't there anymore.

"oh, uh he went downstairs to help with breakfast for belly's birthday,"

"oh okay." she smiled, "what are you doing up here anyway?"

"nothing, i just came here to ask you if you wanted to go and get a present for belly with me."

"yeah, i'd love to go. let me just get ready,"

"okay, i'll be in my room."

"got it, see you in a few minutes then"

he nodded as he left the room and headed towards his.

a few minutes later, kallie walked out of the bathroom, after finishing up getting ready, and walked over to conrad's room. she knocked on the door slightly, then opened the door after hearing a quiet 'come in'. as she entered the room, she saw conrad on his phone, while laying on his bed. "i'm ready to go if you are." she told the boy after entering.

"yeah, let's go." he replied while turning off his phone and standing up from his bed. kallie started walking out of the room before stopping, and turning around. "hold up," she started, "your car or mine?"