eleven

chapter eleven

chapter eleven ... ❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭❞

TAYLOR AND BELLY WERE CURRENTLY walking along the beach, as jere, jacob, kallie, and steven sat in the living room watching a movie. susannah, madison, and laurel were making dinner, and conrad was shucking corn. "ugh i should've gone with the girls to the beach, you guys picked such a boring movie." kallie complained.

"okay? so why don't you go help the moms in the kitchen?" jacob asked her.

"actually, that's not a bad idea," kallie smiled as she got off of the couch and headed to the kitchen.

"... he's been shut down like this since april" she heard susannah's voice.

""when he and his girlfriend broke up?" madison asked. oh so they were talking about conrad.

"yeah, but he won't talk to me about it." susannah replied. kallie decided that maybe helping in the kitchen wasn't the best idea anymore. so her last resort was to go shuck corn with conrad. and that was exactly what she went to do.

"hey connie!" the boy looked up to see kallie walking up to him. "do you want some help?"

"if you want to," he replied, scooting over in the seat so that she could sit there too.

"hey, i heard you've been in a funk lately?" she asked the boy.

"uh, who told you that?"

"i overheard the moms talking about it." she paused, "do you wanna talk about it?"

"i don't always have to tell you everything, you know? you wouldn't understand anyway,"

"what do you mean?"

"just don't worry about it, and go swim or something. i can shuck this corn, i'm almost done anyway." the girl sighed at conrad's words before walking back into the house.

everyone was now sat at the dinner table, laughing at something that was just told. cam and belly looked at each other smiling. and kallie— who was sat in between the two fisher brothers— immediately looked at jere to see him slightly roll his eyes. "so cam, you mind if i call you cam cameron?"

cam laughed a bit, "yeah, feel free."

"cool."

"i'm glad you're here cameron" susannah smiled, "i know your mom denise from the club, i've heard a lot about you."