Greece

The ship arrives in Piraeus. The port is busy as always. I don't belong here and I don't feel nice surrounded by all these people. I could barely live on this ship. It's non melodic and it hurts my ears and my head. I'm grateful I can go home altough I have a long journey to go on. My name is Herod it means song of a hero. My father gave me the name knowing I would be one of the best musicians in the world. He is very proud of me. I live in a village not far from the Olympus. I look like my father and I sing like him. It's a shame I can't see him very often. I was brought up by nine wonderful women. None of them were my mother though. I don't know where my mom is or if I have one. My father tries to be with me as much as he could but he is a busy man. He did teach me important things and my aunt taught me other important things. My aunt is his twin. I wish I had a twin. I feel lonely in this world. I feel lost in my own melody. I get ripped out of my thoughts when one of the sailors tells me we should go to land. I nod and obey. They thank me, give me the money they promised and off I go. I walk through the city. The people are screaming and fighting over stuff, other people are talking about philosophy and other interesting things but I can't get myself to listen. I just wanna sleep and go home. I've been getting headaches trying to avoid  swing into the future. I really can't deal with them at the moment. My mind is fuzzy like it's filled with cotton. I go to the place I've given my horse to to get him back. It's a black horse that is faster than any other one. He is very fierce and doesn't let anyone ride him but me and my father. A trip to my village takes a normal horse two or three days. With Choros, my horse, it takes less than a day if I don't stop. I'm too tired to start the journey so I go to the outskirts of town and find a tree to sleep in. For me thats normal. I hate sleeping inside, it gives me the creeps.

Kai pov

that night we arrive in Greece. It's dark. The boys are flabbergasted by the houses and the people who walk the streets. I groan and walk towards an inn. The son of the owner is cleaning the tables. He notices me and walks towards me. "Hey Kai, here on business again? I see you brought some friends." I shake my head and coldly reply. "No, not on business and I don't plan on doing that anyday soon with you son, I have agreements with your father not you." he chuckles, "rude as always." "I want the room I normally have." he nods. "And for your friends?" "They aren't used to luxury they don't care." Chelan looks at me. "what did you two talk about?" "If you wanna know you should learn greek." he looks at me with and angry expression. "It's easy you'll learn it in a week or so" I answer. He nods. I go to my room while the others are led to theirs. My rooms has silk blankets, warm water, and other luxuries. I help the owner pay his taxes so I never have to pay. I'm wearing a blue gown with wide sleeves and I'm wearing bracelet from salt water pearls. The pearls belonged to my mom.

decades earlier

I run through the fields of yellow flowers. I loves the island we lived on, it's name was Delos and myths said Apollo was born here. I had a graceful mom and three siblings. The oldest went to Athens when he was older. I belonged to a rich family and we had dogs I always played with. That was the best part. Dogs, I talked to dogs when I was little, people would deem me crazy but I think I really understood them. But most of all I remember my last day. I was walking along the beaches. it was early. I saw a man sitting on a stone near the water. I was a talkative child so I walked towards him. He was making a wooden flute by hand. I was fascinated so I sat down beside him. I looked at him, he has an extremely white skin and his eyes had a form I had never seen. He was extremely concentrated. "What are you making?" I asked. He answered with a dark booming voice with a certain tenderness brushed on it. "I'm making a sleeping flute." when he has finished he began playing. I remember falling asleep and the rest is history.

at first I secretly visited my family. My mom was devastated because of my disappearance. My little brother couldn't understand why I didn't come back. My mom couldn't tell him what hapened because she didn't know either. It hurt seeing them like that. I decided never to return again. I had only brought them pain because of my curiosity.

I sigh, how I wish I knew what happened to them. I hope they had a good life. I miss Delos and I miss having a family. I miss having a normal life. I close my eyes and try to sleep. I hope I'm not bringing the lives of my best friends in jeopardy. I don't what to, I only wish for them to follow their heart.