Chapter 7

"N... An... St... Stan...?" A sweet and delicate voice questioned. I felt as if I could barely open my eyes, and I was confused above all else. "...Stan?" I feel a soft hand grasp onto mine.

After a moment of comprehending who that could belong to, I finally figured it out. It was the redhead with beautiful curled hair. "...Kyle?" I managed to say under my breath, my eyelids opening slowly. It was blurry at first, and I was confused to where I was. White walls surrounded me, and a clean smell came to my nose. I had a thin white blanket and sheets spread over my body, and there seemed to be a pipe of sorts connected to my mouth. My breathing felt a little off, so I touched my fingers to what was on my face. It was an oxygen mask. I'm at the hospital...? But how? I look into Kyle's eyes, finally realizing how pretty they really are. They shine like emeralds within the light, and he cries softly upon realizing I have awoken.

"Oh, Stan... I cannot believe you finally woke up," He grasps onto my hand in a tighter grip, and wipes a few tears from his eyes.

"Kyle...? How am I here right now?" I feel pressure on my lungs, and a cough emits from my throat.

"Kenny wanted to talk to you about something, so he started walking over to the farm. He said he saw a fire spreading rapidly and called the police, and then went searching for you. You were covered in burns, Stan!" He pulls a chair out and takes a seat beside me.

"...I was covered in burns? I thought I only had one," I frown. It suddenly all comes back to me, and I start to panic. "Kyle... Where is Sparky, and how about my family? Are they okay?" I question, just hoping that they had a chance.

"...," I do not get a reply from him as he stares blankly at me. He says not a word as he moves a hand to caress the side of my cheek. "Stan... We will discuss that later. I am just glad to see you again, you have no idea how happy I am to see you alive and even responsive," He sniffles. The whites of his eyes are bloodshot, did I really make him cry?

I look up to him. His beauty radiates from the artificial lighting above. It's enough to make a small grin creep upon my lips, but even then I can't help but to think of my future. What is going to happen to me if they found out I did it? Will I be taken away from him?

"Stan... I just wanted to say that I am very proud of you," He whispers softly as a few more tears fall from his eyes and onto the cheap bedsheets. "You have stayed strong for so long, and I want you to continue to do that. I... I'm not sure if you have a home anymore, Stan. But I am more than willing to let you room with me until we get your situation figured out," He smiles, and his expression looks ever so thankful. The soft orange and yellow sunbeams come in from the window and shine on his face. I feel my heart beat a little quickly.

"...Kyle?" I question beneath my breath, and I hold onto his hand tightly.

"...Yeah, Stan?" He answers while looking at me with the same soft look in his eyes.

"...My family is dead, aren't they?" I frown, tears forming in my eyes.

"They...," He grimaces, hesitating to speak. I know the truth already, he just doesn't want to break it to me. "They... Didn't make it, Stan. But Sparky is alive and getting treated," He runs a hand throughout my hair softly, trying to comfort me.

I look to my super best friend. His image is blurred, but his beauty still shines through just as much as it does when I can see him clearly.

"I'll miss them a lot," I sniffle. I can only hear one thing in my mind right now, and that is...

Kyle Broflovski is all that I have left. Kyle Broflovski is all that I have left.

"Hey, Kyle... I don't want to drink anymore," I shake my head. I finally realize all the pain that drinking has caused me, and I don't want to do it anymore. But I am going to need his help.

"I'll help you get to rehab, Stan. I am here to help you through it, okay? I was hoping for the day you would tell me that," He continues to smile, but I can see the pain in his eyes.

"Thanks, dude...," My head falls back and my eyes close halfway. That was until the door opened, and I turned to look at who came inside.

"Heheh, look at them, Kenny!" ...Great. The overweight, manipulative brunette is here to see me. "What a cute couple!" He laughs hard, setting a hand on his stomach.

"Dude, not now!" The redhead hisses, almost sounding protective over me.

He was not the only one who came to visit me. Clinging onto a red gift bag in his hands along with blue tissue paper was the walking ray of sunshine himself, Butters.

"We came over to cheer you up, Stan!" He walks over to the opposite side of the bed that Kyle is on.

Behind him follows Kenny, wearing his ironic orange jacket with the tears and holes. "Hi, Stan!" He says in a muffled tone as he waves. I have a feeling he saved my life, that fire was causing so much smoke that I could hardly breathe.

"...See, Stan?" These people all care for you, and they care about you," The redhead whispers to me, still gripping onto my hand.

"I care about you guys, too. I'm sorry I was being so distant for awhile, I don't really know why I was," I shrug with a frown. "When will I be out of here? Do any of you know?" I question.

"Mphmphpmhpmh...," Answers the blonde in the orange coat.

Great. I really understood that well.