Chapter 8

The nights would get long at the hospital, especially because I'd be alone most of the time. Visitors weren't allowed at night unless you were in critical condition, but even then Kyle would sometimes sneak into my window and spend the night with me. If he wasn't my super best friend before, he sure is now. But I always held him high above everyone else. It may have been one sided at one point, but at least things are getting a little bit better now.

I finally got a closer look at my body over time, and it's scarred in burns. How embarrassing... But I also deserve it. It's hard to decide. Kyle is telling me that I should think of myself in a better way and that would be the first step to being healthier. But I'm finding it kind of hard to do that.

The door opens and the skinny blonde walks in to greet me. "Hmph Stamph!" He waves with a grin.

It can be hard to understand him sometimes, but I think he was trying to say 'hi' to me. I wave back with a smile. "Hey, dude," I yawn.

He pulls his jacket down so I can hear him better, thank goodness. "How are you doing today?" He asks with a smile.

"I'm doing fine, I guess... I'm getting sick of the food here, though. Hospital food is the worst," I frown. I know I sound negative, but how could I not? I've gone through a lot these past few months.

"Butters and I were thinking about bringing you fast food today, would you like that?" He acts a little different around me. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Usually, he'd be showing off his magazines of girls in bikinis and ramble on about what kind of girlfriend he wanted to have. But he stopped doing that lately. I wonder if he sees me as a real kid now. As if he can't tell me all about the adultish things in life.

"...Yeah, fast food sounds good. Thanks, Kenny," I smile lightly, stretching as I rise up from my bed slowly. The covers slip, and I take a look at my body. It causes me to frown. "...I look terrible, huh?" I analyze the bandages wrapped all around my arms and legs. I hadn't even realized it until now, but I also have a ton wrapped around my stomach.

"No, you look fine, Stan!" He shakes his head and continues to smile. It then hits me that he has been hanging around Butters a lot lately. Is that why he's so joyful all the time? Did Butters' pureness rub off on him? Probably... "Anyway, what do you want to eat? Butters and I can pick you something up at McDonald's if you want,"

McDonald's... I love it a lot. Though, the second to last time I ate there was at a party with the boys and I. It was a few days after Kyle's birthday. Kyle and I were playing video games together before Cartman barged in and announced to all of us that he had thrown up from finding a hair in his burger, and some piece of plastic or something in Kyle's cake. I didn't know whether to believe him or not, but either way, I'm still going to eat McDonald's. It didn't happen to me, after all.

"Um... I'll get a cheeseburger and fries with some honey mustard, please," I give the blonde my order.

"Okay! Do you want anything to drink?" I can't help but to think that he is probably going to end up working at McDonald's some day. He sounds like he'd take orders there.

"A frozen Dr. Pepper is good," I nod my head.

He runs out of my room a few moments later, and I look out my window only to see him and Butters running full speed ahead together. I'm glad Kenny found a good friend. Someone who will treat him right.

I have ran out of things to do in this room, though. There's a television placed in front of me almost all the time, but there is limited channels. I haven't really been in the mood for Terrance and Philip lately, and all of the other channels are too boring. And a reminder of everything that has happened to me. Usually I'll just count the little specks of paint on the roof until I fall asleep. And once I can't open my eyes anymore, I'll count sheep. That's what my mother told me to do, anyway...

And sometimes I cry.

I heard another pair of feet making their way to my door, only to see the redhead with his usual bright green ushanka. I don't know why he hides his hair under his hat all the time. He tells me that he thinks that it is ugly, but I don't. I think his curls are quite cute, actually. He is holding something behind his back.

"Hey Kyle," I can't help but to smile upon seeing him. It's as if he has his aura around him that just makes me smile. As if I died and my heart starts up again when I see him.

"Hey Stan! I brought someone special to see you today," He grins, taking a few steps closer to me. "Close your eyes!" He sounds quite cheerful, and I can't help but to think that he is probably in a good mood. Seeing him smile makes me smile.

"Okay," I nod my head and close my eyes. In a moment's worth, I feel something soft and wooly in my lap.

"You can open your eyes now," Kyle moves a hand to run throughout my hair again, something that always feels good on my scalp. Though, I hope that people don't think we are weird for doing that together. I open my eyes.

Ocean blue eyes gleam at what I see in my lap. It's the sheep plush I bought for him, the last thing I ever bought before I lost all of my toys. "Kyle...? You brought him over to see me?" I find myself to get a bit emotional as I hold the sheep close to my body.

"Yeah, of course, Stan! He loves you!" Kyle laughs before picking the sheep up and presses its nose to my lips.

He wants me to kiss it...? I think to myself. I press a quick kiss to the sheep plush and pull away with a smile. "I love him too," I chuckle, though I feel a sharp pain coming up through my lungs. I begin to go into a coughing fit, unable to catch my breath. It hurts really bad, and it's happened quite a bit. My eyes widen in shock and I cannot breathe.

"Stan...?! Stan! You're having an asthma attack again!" He panics before grabbing my inhaler, bringing it to my mouth and presses at the top of it to release the medicine into my body.

I try to breathe it in without coughing, and he does this with me a few times before I catch my breath. "Ugh... I think the smoke worsened my asthma," I frown yet again, feeling disappointed in myself.

"Oh, Stanley...!" He seems quite panic as he moves to hold my head to his chest, dread radiating through his voice. "I... I have something I need to tell you," He whispers, emerald eyes darting to the side.