Part 1: Prologue

Aqua'breeze smiled softly, gently patting the lone egg that sat upon the woven branches and dried seaweed that made up the fine nest. She spun her face towards the open mudbrick doorway, turning away from the egg. She swung her tail from side to side slowly, before scampering out to the daylight sky. A subtle warm beam of sunlight reflected off her light lime and cyan scales, the cascading waves crashed against the sides of the small sandy shore. She enjoyed soaking in the sun. Her talons left shallow imprints on the sand below; crunching beneath her feet as she trotted down the shoreline. A worried expression crept along her face, she made no attempt to disguise the feeling as she continued to walk along the stretch of beach. "Steel'spine." She called out towards the coarse beaches, "Dear! Where are you?"

He should have been back by now, the fishing grounds were not too far away. Had something happened? Aqua'breeze radically twisted her head around the small span of the island. She turned her attention briskly towards a loud splashing sound by the coastline. The Sea'wing perked up as she watched a gigantic dragon emerge from the ocean, mixes of light blue swirled with dark grays and dark blues splattered a pattern on their scales, a singular line of dark cyan spikes lined along their back. Water splattered onto the sands below the dragon's talons, Aqua'breeze's eyes widened, her usual smile creeping its way back onto her face. "Oh, you're back! What took you so long? You know the egg gets worried when you're away for long!" She sighed with relief.

Steel'spine glanced behind his wings, he seemed off, his expression grim and mortified. An emerald-colored mist crawled onto the shoreline, emitting an ominous tone. Upon realizing his grim sight, the Sea'wing frowned. Rushing toward him, "What's wrong, are you okay?" She asked with a concerned voice, opening her arms to give him a hug.

Steel'spine stretched one claw forward, stopping her from embracing him. He turned around and looked back at the ocean, keeping his hand against her claw without a glance. He whimpered in a trembling, stuttering voice, "He's here, w-we can't let him get the egg."

Aqua'breeze gasped, adrenaline suddenly rushing through her body. She hurled herself towards the clay hut the pair resided in, charging through the doorway and making her way towards the nest as a sudden rumble shook the building, she could hear Steel'spine's furious roars and breathes of flames as he arrived. She curled her tail around the egg, spreading her wings and growling as dust began to fall from the ceiling. Suddenly one of the walls crumbled, revealing a huge dark blue dragon with black markings. She made eye contact with the dragon, glaring an aggressive glance towards him. Steel'spine lunged at his neck, shoving the dragon away from the gaping hole in the building.

Steel'spine glanced away from the other dragon momentarily, then shouting to Aqua'breeze."Run! Get out of here! Save the egg!" He roared as the dark dragon larger than him slammed his claws against the side of his head, slamming him onto the sand and tearing his tough scales as if they were paper.

The Sea'wing yelped in horror, grabbing the egg with her tail and tucking it under her wing, running out of the hut before it collapsed, "I'm NOT leaving you!" She lunged at the side of the dark dragon five times her size, latching her talons between their scales.

Steel'spine's head collapsed onto the ground, blood slowly dripping onto the sand from his wound. He swung his tail at the attacker, stopping just in time after realizing Aqua'breeze was now in the way of where he was going to hit the other dragon, "NO, GET BACK, RUN, PLEASE!" Steel'spine croaked in a desperate voice.

The giant dragon turned its head towards Aqua'breeze, baring its teeth and opening its mouth, a puff of dark blue smoke shot out of its throat. The smoke coated her eyes in a thick texture, she reared off of the dragon and rolled into the sand, quietly thudding as she collided. She wrapped her wings around the egg, protecting it from the impact