Part 4

Years later...

Azure'shard gently opened his eyes, gazing at the same similar cold stone floor and glass walls. He lifted himself up from the ground, stretching his front arms and yawning, before rubbing his eyes to clear his blurry vision. He curled his tail to the side, before looking out the prison cell door and sitting down patiently. Two dragons stepped into his chamber, covered in thick plate armor. The one towards the left placed the spear shaft on the ground, standing aside. The one on the right stepped towards the glass door, sliding it open. He scowled at the hybrid. "Stay still, you know the deal." the Sky'wing dropped the short chain over Azure'shard's shoulder. Connecting a chain around his wings, binding him with a thick wire.

The other guard nonchalantly pointed a spear at him, "Move it already." Azure'shard kept his head down, eyes pinned to the bland stone floor as he followed the two guards out of his cell, walking through the prison. He looked away from the ground for a moment, noticing a dragon sitting at the very back of their cell, staring right at him. The dragons' scales were dark blue and a deep indigo, their eyes a glistering teal. He stared back at the dragon with confusion as he passed by their prison cell until he could no longer see them.

The guard grabbed Azure'shard from his cell and threw him towards the exit, prodding him with the tip of his spear. He kept his snout towards the stone slab floor, kicking a small pebble out of his way with his front talons. The dragon behind him prodded him once again with the tip of his spear, giving encouragement to speed up. Sunlight abruptly beat against his face as the three dragons approached the end of the tunnel, he flinched at the blinding light shining into his eyes, otherwise ignoring it. He continued walking towards the resolution of the passageway. Around him sat thousands of dragons, cheering and shouting with excitement. The Sky'wing arena. The guards prodded him once more with their sharp tips, then quickly retreated back into the underground passageway. He turned his head as the metal gate slammed into the sandy floors, trapping him in the caged arena.

Queen Gemstone arose on a balcony above the arena, spreading her wings wide open and embracing the warm sunlight, closing her eyes for a moment before looking down at Azure'shard and announcing, "Today we have our beloved hybrid down here in the arena, let me show you all what he can do!" she closed her wings, smiling widely.

Azure'shard inhaled sharply, before standing up from the sand and looking ahead of himself at the other side of the arena. A gate opened in the wall, two guards pushed a small Ice'wing out of the tunnel, before retreating back underground and shutting the door. The Ice'wing glanced rapidly around at the crowd and at the Queen. He was startled and panicked, Azure'shard could see the heavy air emanating from his gaping mouth.

The Ice'wing noticed Azure'shard, stepping back in fear. Azure'shard exhaled, sinking his talons into the ground. He stretched his head into the air and looked at the gorgeous clear blue sky, closing his eyes as the spiky fluff on his back and the four bioluminescent scales on his neck began to radiate with a sapphire blue, they shined with a furious passion, intensifying every second he stood there. He stared down at the terrified Ice'wing, standing there with a neutral expression.

The Ice'wing shivered, encouraging himself under his breath, "It's okay, i can do this, t-they'll let me out and then i can see my dad and sister again, i can do this." The Ice'wing advanced forward, a chilly mist flickering out of his nostrils and mouth.

Azure'shard narrowed his eyes upon noticing the frosty mist, before baring his teeth and pouncing forward, the Ice'wing opened its mouth, releasing a burst of frostbreath aimed at the larger dragon. Azure'shard stopped momentarily, before rolling to the side and dodging the icy gust. He started to charge at the pale white dragon. The Ice'wing yelped as it watched the glowing dragon steadily approaching him, standing upright and opening his mouth again, releasing a blast of the cold breath from his mouth.

Azure'shard didn't stop, and instead continued to charge straight at the Ice'wing. As he approached the frostbreath that was glistening through the air, he opened his maw, a gigantic wave of blue fire practically exploding out of his throat and quickly evaporating the frosty mist. The Ice'wing hissed as the wall of fire steadily approached him, scorching his face with a loud sizzle. The fire spread all over the dragon's body, scales charing into nothing but ash, the Ice'wing collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony as it slowly turned to embers. Azure'shard stopped abruptly in front of his opponent, watching as smoke cleared and revealed the burnt remains of the young Ice'wing.

He blinked rapidly, before stepping back and looking down at the sand, sighing. Queen Gemstone towered over the arena, clapping her two claws together in joy, "Perfect, perfect!" she uproariously laughed in pride, flapping her wings lightly. "You're really getting the hang of this, I knew that you would!" She exclaimed towards the whole arena, while directed at Azure'shard, yet the crowd still jeered with satisfaction.

Azure'shard looked away at the crowd as two guards flew down and landed next to him, "Shows' over, let's go." one of them uttered, urging the purple dragon to walk back to the tunnel he had previously exited. The gate croaked to life, opening the dark empty tunnel. He followed the armored dragons back into the tunnel, and soon he was shoved back into his prison cell.

He sat down as the guards walked away after taking his wing chains off. He put one arm on the glass door and sighed, "If only I could burn through this thing instead of..." he stopped, not finishing the sentence in guilt. He flung his tail around as he flopped onto the floor, curling it around his body and using his wings like a blanket. He stared at one of the stone walls with a subtle frown.