Flowers and Confessions

HAHA YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA WRITE ABOUT GAY COOKIES CONFESSING TO EACH OTHER HAHHAAHHA!!...
😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣

...

........

.................

......Fuck.

(This has nothing to do with the other thing I wrote)

GingerBraves POV:

I glanced over at my watch. I had to get there in 5 minutes. Oh no, I'm going to be late aren't I?
I felt like panicking again.
What if he gets mad when I'm late? No that won't happen. But I should be there first, I asked him out anyway. No wait that makes this sound like a date. This is totally platonic. Why am I so nervous?
"Shut up brain." I said to myself.
"Open the door, I need to take a shower! You can get ready for your date in the living room!" GingerBright said angrily banging on the door.

Well that didn't help.

"I'll be out in a sec. Also it's not a date!" I said.
"Yeah sureeee~" She mocked. I swear I could feel her smirking.
"Ugh whatever, I'm probably gonna be late if I don't go now anyway." I said adjusting my hat for the 5th time that day. I unlocked the door and opened it to be greeted by a very annoyed, yet somehow still smug GingerBright. She shoved me out of the way and placed her clothes on the counter.
"Good luck." She said flicking my hat.
"Thanks, I need it." I replied pulling my hat back down. She smirked and closed the door. I checked my watch again. 4 minutes, no wait, 3.
"Crap." I said to myself. The field is about 4 minutes away if I run, so I will be at LEAST a minute late. I quickly headed out the door and locked it as quickly as my hands would let me and started running down the biscuitstone road. I waved to a few cookies on the way as the area became less and less populated. And then finally, I made it to the flower field. I checked my watch again to see how late I was. I was only a minute late, hopefully he isn't here already so it looks like I made it on time.

I scanned the area to see if he made it first. After confirming that he wasn't there, I did a sigh of relief and started heading into the field a little. It smelled amazing, all the aromas merged together to make this one big flower-y scent. The field curved slightly upward making it also look like a small hill which I liked.

"Boo."

I flinched and whipped around to see the shorter white-haired cookie standing behind me. All of a sudden I felt stupid for being so jumpy.
"Oh, hi Wizard!" I said relaxing a bit.
"Hi...." He said awkwardly looking to the side. Oh no I've already made a bad impression, now he's gonna think I'm dumb.
Probably sensing that I had nothing to say, he spoke up.
"Sorry im a little late, I was uhhhhh.... busy. Yeah haha..." He said scratching the back of his neck. I just realized that he had been holding one of his hands behind his back the whole time.
"What are you holding?" I asked.
"What? I don't know what your talking about, I'm just casually holding one of my hands behind my back. Wait that sounds weird, I mean I- I uhm-" His face was a little red now. I giggled a little.
Oh my gosh he looks adorable.
Wait no- stop giggling your gonna make him angry.
"It's fine, if it makes you uncomfortable you don't have to tell me." I said. I really didn't want to make him feel bad. He nodded, and then immediately changed the subject,
"This is a really pretty place." He said looking around at all the flowers and shoving whatever was behind his back into one of the pockets in his robe.
"Yeah, I chose it because it's like you." His face turned even more red. I paused processing and then contemplating what I just said.
"I MEAN- I CHOSE IT BECAUSE I LIKE YO- WAIT NO I MEAN BECAUSE YOU WOULD LIKE IT!" I quickly blurted out. My face turned as red as a tomato.
STUPID.
STUPID.
STUPID.
STOP FLIRTING.
He buried his face in his scarf.
"No wait please don't do that I'm sorry!" I blurted out again. Whenever he pulls his scarf over his face it meant he was uncomfortable with the situation. I don't know why but I had a habit of doing that. I internally cursed myself.
DAMN IT STOP MAKING HIM SO UNCOMFORTABLE GINGERBRAVE.
This was all going horribly wrong.

"I- I think maybe I should just leave..." I stuttered. There was no point in staying if the only thing I could accomplish was making him unhappy. I turned around and started to leave.
What is wrong with me?
"Wait no, don't leave!" He said grabbing my hand. I whipped back around.
"I- uh... before you go I want to tell you something..." He said letting go of my hand as soon as he saw I wouldn't leave.
"..what is it?" I asked. Now I was really curious. I nodded. His face flushed even more red (which I didn't think was even possible) and he inhaled.

"I- I really like you okay?! Like, not just in a 'your an amazing friend' way. I mean I LIKE LIKE you! I don't really know if you like me back like that, but if you don't can we still be friends? Because I think your really cool and nice and an amazing person, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to be with somebody like me. I think you deserve the world and even more and- and I- I..." Wizard stopped talking and pulled his scarf over his face and muttered something I couldn't quite hear.
I took a moment to process everything he just said and froze.

Wait he likes me back?

HE THINKS IM COOL?!!

OH MY GOODNESS HE LIKES ME BACK!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

...
Wait, is he crying?

I immediately unfroze and went to Wizards side to calm him down and gave him a hug.
"I- I'm sorry I shouldn't be crying about this..."
He mumbled.
"Why would you have to be sorry?" I asked.
"I- uhm well... I don't know... am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked.
"What? Of course not!" I replied. What kind of a question is that?
"Are we still friends...?" He asked.
I paused for a second.
"Do you want to be friends? I mean, we can be more than that if you want....." Wizards head immediately perked up.
"Your serious?" He asked letting go of me, wide eyed.
"I mean, yeah.... I've liked you for a long time now, I didn't think you liked me the same way. But now that I know you do maybe we can...." I trailed off. After all this, I can't believe I'm to afraid to ask-
"Doyouwanttogoonadatewithme?!" Wizard quickly blurted out. I stayed silent a few seconds.
"Noooooo! I wanted to ask you that!" I said putting my head in my hands. Wizard giggled.
"I'll take that as a yes." He said. He reached into his pocket and took out the thing he shoved into it before. I inspected it for a second, then realized it was a note.
"I guess I won't need this anymore." He said crumbling it and shoving it back in his pocket. I smiled and reached over to his hold his hand,
he accepted.

We both just sat there for a few minutes, holding hands and enjoying each other's presence. Wizard was the first one to break the silence.
"Hey, do you want to learn how to make a flower crown?"

*************

Hope u guys liked this little thing I wrote, if u want I can write a part two of them on a date :)