Timey and Metal Straw, Part 1

Getting a possible crush on somebody you just scammed is not an ideal situation to find yourself in.

Earlier that day, Timey's dad was lecturing them about how beep cannot keep using his money to buy things. There was no denying that Timey had been a bit reckless with their dad's credit card, but they knew he had tons of extra cash anyways. He'd always been quite frugal, and Timey never really understood why. They were always able to afford everything.

However, he was serious this time when he said Timey had to get a job, "to learn responsibility," he said. Timey had a hunch he was just tired of dealing with beep being home.

Timey felt he was fair enough. They'd stopped doing beeps schoolwork ages ago, just not having the will or motivation to do it after struggling with it for so long. Sometimes things just didn't work out no matter how hard beep tried, so why try in the first place?

However, this whole job debacle was another issue. Timey didn't understand how to make an effective résumé, and didn't have much connection to any subject to get a full-time job.

One idea was to start small. Something simple and easy, so Timey settled for a lemonade stand.

Making a lemonade stand without the money to get everything necessary would be tricky though, so beep had to find some short-cuts and stand-ins. Such as using vinegar instead of lemons.

Citrus trees just weren't very common in Aadshend. Most of the lemons at the market sold out pretty fast to restaurant owners, leaving the lesser-wanted ones. Unless one were to buy from some corporate fruit-producing business, which were usually more expensive.

However, with some ice, it was a bit convincing.

The other problem is that it was currently the middle of Autumn, and there was already snow present outside. What if nobody would be willing to buy lemonade in the middle of snow?

Timey figured the best solution was to make as much money per purchase. It was already unlikely anybody was going to buy lemonade in the middle of the snow, so why not go all out?

Timey wrote in large letters, "Lemonade!!! $50!!!"

Once the stand was finally set up, all Timey had to do was wait for somebody to buy from them.

An object would pass, and Timey would speak up, "get some ice cold, super fresh lemonade!! Right here folks!! The best in Aadshend!"

Most of this would go ignored, but Timey had a feeling if beep kept trying, maybe beep can convince somebody.

"Nice fresh lemonade! Only 50 bucks!" Timey said, another object passing. One would buy.. they had to...

After sitting there for a while.. maybe hours.. Somebody approached the stand, staring at it with hands on their sides.

"Lemonade!" Timey said with a smile.

"Why the fuck is this lemonade so expensive?!"

Timey kept the smile going. "Inflation."

They'd heard their dad complain about inflation raising prices all the time, so this felt like a reasonable explanation.

The object, a stainless steel metal straw, stared at Timey for a moment, before chuckling lightly to themself. "I assume it's some good lemonade then, yeah? Any way I can get a discount?"

Timey briefly considered the offer, before shaking their head. "Sorry, no discount. I want to make a profit."

The object sighed. "Only because I'm thirsty... and not allowed in the local convenience store... and willing to support a small business."