A Christmas Tragedy

I'd finally finished getting ready for the night, deciding to just change clothes and not bring anything with me. It's not like I'll need anything for this, Pitch said that North should be the only one roaming about tonight since it's Christmas Eve.
I left my room with an odd sense in the back of my head, only once looking back at the small sword that rested on my desk. I pushed away the thought of needing the weapon as I made my way to the throne room to await Pitch's orders.

When I entered the large room, which now had a small, new piece of decor, I noticed Pitch waiting for my arrival with what looks like an army of nightmares lined up and ready to run rampant. I quickly scurried into position and stood straight, ready for my cue to leave.

"(Y/N)..are you ready for tonight?" Pitch looked down at me with an evil grin. He obviously had been planning this for a long time. For days, I'd find him hunched over a table covered in parchments that carried plans of attack. Tonight is the perfect night to attack and cripple the guardians' belief system.

I nodded with a small smirk of my own. "Yes, your majesty. I plan to break a personal record tonight." My answer only made his sharp-toothed grin widen and a dark chuckle erupt from his throat.

"Good. Maybe tonight, you'll reach the hundreds. That would cause for a celebration." If I wasn't already pumped up for tonight, I surly am now. It's been a while since we've celebrated anything. The last thing we truly celebrated was when I successfully took flight for the first time after months of attempting. That doesn't mean I didn't land without injury, though. I think that tree still has a dent in it. Also, who knew Pitch was so good at treating wounds?

Pitch's voice suddenly broke me from my thoughts. "Tonight, we show the world what true fear feels like!" The sound of hundreds of nightmares screeching, snorting, and stomping the ground filled the large room and echoed off the walls. "And with our newest little creature of darkness, our chance of success is even greater!" The nightmares are now even more riled up than before. They're all itching to run free and cause mayhem around the world.
Pitch swiftly mounted the largest of the nightmares and pointed at the lair's entrance with the newly formed, shadowy sword in his hand.
"It's time!"

And with that, we all set off and flew out of the entrance. I beat my wings fast, flying high into the sky before stopping to admire the beauty of the night sky and the hundreds, if not thousands, of nightmares scattering in every direction. It was almost like watching ants scurry around in panic after having their mound destroyed.

I breathe in the icy cold air, leaving a cloud of fog after I let out my sigh

I breathe in the icy cold air, leaving a cloud of fog after I let out my sigh. It always feels good leaving that dark, humid lair.

With a quick twirl and beat of my wings, I set off to find my first target. The frosty air nipped at my face as I began to gain more speed, creating a loud whistling from how fast I soared through the sky. Just before the whistling could become unbearable, I shoot a blast of plasma in front of me and fly through to make myself seem invisible in the night. I still don't want to risk getting caught by the guardian, North, in the slight chance I find the jolly man.