A Quick Recovery and an Even Quicker Escape

(Enjoy this draw over I made  <3)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I open my eyes to see nothing but darkness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I open my eyes to see nothing but darkness. No matter where I looked, it was just black and empty.
Okay, maybe I'm back at the lair, in one of the empty rooms?
I look down at my body and neither see nor feel any aches or pains. Nevermind, I'm definitely dreaming..but why would I be dreaming now? Didn't I just get my ass kicked and nearly killed by Sandman?

I decided to walk forward and try to exit the endless void. After a few moments of walking, I heard shuffling behind me making me turn around to see an entirely new scene in front of me. I'm back in those snow covered woods, standing in front of Jack. He wore the same disapproving expression I last saw him in before he left.
"Jack?" I spoke, but couldn't hear my own voice.

Jack simply backed away with a grimace, adjusting his grip on the staff he always held. "Get away from me."

"Wh-" I looked at him in disbelief. Then it dawned on me.

This isn't a dream..it's a nightmare.

The realization of what's going on sparked a chain of events. Jack's face immediately twisted in anger before stomping toward me. Of course, I turned to run, but was pulled to a halt by something wrapping tightly around my neck. I reached my hands to the restraint to pry it off and froze at the gritty texture.

no..

I turned back around to see Sandman behind Jack, holding me in place with another one of those whips. The hatred in both of their eyes sent fear running through my veins. I began thrashing around trying to escape, only to be thrown down into the snow. I squeezed my eyes as they welled up in tears and tried my best to cover my head as the two proceed to begin beating me in the places I was already injured in the waking realm. The pain felt so real as I tried to escape by thrashing around even more.
The last thing I saw was Jack using his staff to throw a devastating blow to my face before I woke up in a cold sweat.

I looked around the dark, cold room, panting from the nightmare. It looked like I was in the lair's recovery room, seeing as it was full of hospital equipment that we both had stolen months ago in case of an emergency. Looking down at myself, I saw I was already patched and stitched up in a very uncomfortable bed.

The door to the room opened to reveal a few nightmare men dressed as nurses walking in. They waved upon noticing that I was awake and made their way to the bedside. I chuckled hoarsely at the unnecessary clothing, but went with it anyway to amuse them.
All they did was check on my wounds before walking to a counter to grab more bandages.
They walked back and motioned me to turn around. I did as I was told and sat still while the nightmare nurses replaced a few bandages in my back and wings. I flinched multiple times while they worked on my wings, no doubt they were broken. The nurses finished after a few painful minutes, allowing me to turn back around.
Thirty more minutes went by as the nurses ran a few more tests and checked many areas of my body. They leaned back after looking at the last wound before giving me a thumbs up.