Eleven

"Thanks, guys, but you shouldn't have done that," the kid we saved, Mike, said as we walked through the fields. "They'll be after you guys, too, now."

"Oh, please, Henry Bowers got no balls once you bring his dad up," I said. "He's always been after Bill and his friends. The only reason they don't go after Bill that much is because I'd rat on the fucker."

"No, it's mostly because you're hot," Richie stated. "He thinks good behavior will let him get a free pass to your chest. I'm pretty sure I saw him get a hard-on when you threw that rock."

Eddie gave him an annoyed look. "Seriously? You gotta bring that up. You do know she's the reason why he hasn't bullied any of us that much. It's only gonna get worst once she leaves for college."

"We - We'll be ok," Bill stuttered. "Getting bullied by Bowers is something we all have in common."

"Tell that to Jenny and her massive tits," Richie commented.

"You do realize I'm older than all of you, right?" I asked.

"Yet, you're still part of the Losers' Club." Richie threw his arms out. "Welcome, Homeschool."

I gently pushed Richie back. "Be nice. And you wonder why people want to kick your ass most of the time."

"At least a clown isn't after my ass." The group and I turned to give him a look. "What? It basically asked you to marry it."

"It's not going to get h - her," Bill promised. And I believe it.

We walked into Derry as a small parade was going on. Richie immediately ran over to the marching band and grabbed a tuba from one of the players. He tried to blow into it but the man tried to get it back. The rest of us, however, noticed more missing children's posters were plastered all over town.

"It's like she's forgotten because Corcoran's missing," Bill said as he moved one poster that covered another one.

I let out a breath as I crossed my arms. "Is this ever going to end?" I wondered as the tuba player yanked his instrument from Richie, making the kid groan before coming back to us.

"I think it will end," Ben stated. "For a little while, at least?"

"What do you mean?" Beverly asked.

"So I was going over all my Derry research and I charted out all the big events. The Ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley Gang in '35, and The Black Spot in '62. And now kids being...I realized this stuff seems to happen..."

"Every 27 years," Bill and Ben finished together.

Getting tired of standing we all went to the Townsquare and sat on the bench. "So every 27 years this thing comes out and binge eats children for a year?" I basically concluded. "Then it sleeps until it repeats the same shit."

"Maybe it's like...what do you call it?" Stanley trailed off. "Cicadas. You know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years."

Mike shook his head. "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed." Well, he's right. "He says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry."

"But it can't be one thing. We all saw something different."

"Maybe. Or maybe It knows what scares us most and that's what we see."

"I saw a leper," Eddie shuddered. "He was like a walking infection."

"But you didn't," Stanley pointed out. "Because it isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper or Bill seeing Georgie or Jenny seeing her creepy child or the woman I keep seeing."