Fourteen

Rock-a-bye baby,

On the tree top,

When the wind blows,

The cradle will rock,

When the bough breaks,

The cradle will fall,

And down will come baby,

Cradle and all.

The familiar tune of the lullaby played as I slowly gained consciousness. My eyes slowly peered open to see a little beaten-up music box in front of me. I furrowed my brows as I found whatever strength I've got left to crawl toward it. The lullaby kept playing as a little ballerina twirled around and around. The closer I look, I would see the ballerina had red hair with yellow eyes. My breathing got caught in my throat in fear of seeing the little girl again. I jumped back, landing on my ass, as I got a good look around of my surroundings.

It was dark. Very dark. There were mountains of discarded toys, children's clothes, and bikes. The foul smell of musty water filled my nose. Something wet hit my cheek. Raising my fingers I wiped it off to see crimson coating the tips.

"What the fuck?!" I breathed as I got up.

"Jenny?" I heard a voice. Spinning around, I tried to make out who's calling me. "Jenny."

"Bevs," I called back. "Beverly? Where are you?"

"The other side," she said as I followed her voice. My feet dragged themselves across the water before I found the redhead kneeling over.

"Shit, Beverly." Running over, I knelt next to her to check for any injuries.

"It got you, too," she said.

"Yeah. Me, I understand. But why did It come after you?"

"Because this is what It wants. He wanted to separate all of us so he could only take us."

"Seriously fucked up, but as long as we're not afraid then we'll be ok." I started to look around. "We just need to find a way out of here. There's got to be a way to return to the surface -"

I didn't see Beverly's mouth open as she looked up. "Jenny."

"We can use the toys from the piles to make some sort of weapon." My eyes landed on a door that wasn't far from us. "Found it!"

Beverly grabbed my arm. "Jenny." I followed her gaze and my mouth flew open. Right above us were probably hundreds of children floating in the air. They circled the mountain of toys with a stone look on their face. So that's what It means when he said they all float down here.

"Let's just go," I urged her. Grabbing her hand and pulling her with me, we ran toward the door and tried to pry it open. We held on to the latch and kept yanking and yanking but it wasn't opening. It didn't even budge.

"Step right up, Beverly. Step right up," we heard Its voice through a speaker. "Come change. Come float. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll cheer. You'll die. And Jenny hope you're ready to be my beloved bride because you're never getting out of here alive." Beverly and I stopped as our gaze landed on a music box. "Introducing Pennywise the Dancing Clown."

The music box kept cranking as the sinister laugh of Pennywise filled the room. A toy clown popped out of the box and laughed more. Right in the middle of the pile of toys, there was a big door that suddenly dropped to the sound of circus music as fireworks began exploding. Pennywise stood behind the explosion before it suddenly began to dance. It brought its legs up and kicked them side to side and he brought his arms up and down like it was pumping air into a huge ball. The music began static for a moment and skipped a few beats.