CHAPTER 12

Rose was yet again given an expensive but casual outfit. She came with Maria to the sea shore. Something which she didn't understand was the unnecessary showoff of the wealth. Maria, her parents and Mark all came in their own private vehicles inspite they left from the same place.

"Umm..Maria, may I ask a question?"

"You don't need the permission. Ask me directly"

"Oh okay, why are we here?"

"We are here to rehearse for the wedding"

"Is it in 2 days?"

"No, around 20 or some I believe"

"What?! Why are we here early then?"

"Because of my mom, she is just an anxious kid underneath the skin"

"But 20 days.."

"It's also an excuse to check on the arrangements and ask for our opinions"

"But you said Mark is a perfectionist"

"He is, and so is my mom. And they are always clashing with ideas..*whispers* also why neither of them likes to work together"

"So, is it a beach wedding?"

"Not excatly, it's a on-the-ship wedding"

"On the ship?" She wondered.

Rose saw a super yatch pull up on the shore. It was so big, she looked like a tiny kid in front of the humongous ship. A real life yatch is well, an astonishing experience.

"I cannot believe this..."

"Okay everyone, be careful when you climb. Markie follow me. Marie don't forget your girlfriend" her mother says to her children sounding as excited as ever.

"Have you ever been on yatch?" Mark asks Rose.

"No"

"I guessed so"

"Why, is it because I am poor?" Rose asks sarcastically.

"No, it's because you are standing on the stairs which are going to be detached once it starts"

Rose immediately jumps up, feeling embarrassed.

"Stop messing with her Markie. Go stick some flowers" Maria says making fun of him referring to how he is engaged on the wedding work.

"Maria we had the conversation already- at least someone is enthusiastic about the wedding" Mark was offended and also surprised that she was taking her SB's side.

"You are right, I am not" Maria shrugs and Mark rolls his eyes.

"Would you like to have a drink before this starts?" Maria asks smiling at Rose.

"I don't think I can before lunch. It's only 11"

"Suit yourself. I will be back, don't get lost" Maria says and leaves. Well she wasn't sure about the getting lost part as the ship was huge with a lot of corridors. Rose was again alone, she really needs to make friends with one of them soon.

"You are now a part of the family, don't just stand there, help me choreograph them" Maria's mom says in English.

"Okay Mrs.Chua"

"Oh come on, call me mom"

"But Mrs.Chua, I am only her girlfriend"

"Oh come on, you are next. So pay extra attention"