Chapter Four

Percy walked up to the door of Wayne manor, carrying the instructed overnight bag and a few of Jason's things he thought belonged to the Waynes more than they did him. Gently setting the bag down, he raised a hand intending to knock, only to have the door swing open to reveal Dick Grayson.

Quickly exchanging pleasantries, the two boys walked into the house with the intention of a quick tour.

intention. They were quickly interrupted.

For a minute, Pery stared at the group, of two black-haired boys, what appeared to be a golden retriever, a Great Dane, and a tiny black cat that was balancing on one of the boys' heads. 

No one spoke for a moment, just staring awkwardly at each other until Dick decided that there was no better time for introductions than the present. "Right, well, Percy, this is Damian." he said, gesturing to the slightly shorter of the boys, the one who had a cat on his head. "and his friend is Jon. The golden retriever is his dog, and then we have Titus the Great Dane, and Alfred the cat. You'll meet Tim later, too. he's upstairs right now, working on one project or the other, and I don't think Bruce needs any introductions."

-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There was an awkwardness to dinner that Percy hadn't quite been expecting. It was like everyone at the table knew something he didn't, and they weren't used to not talking about it.

Percy ate in silence, trying to muster up the nerve to say something, anything, and in one last feeble attempt to convince himself, decided to try the whole "inspiring inner monologue" thing.

come on Percy, you've got this. You've fought gods, titans, and primordials, and you have talked back to Sally Jackson, the scariest and sweetest woman on the planet. a bunch of people who adopted your not-brother can't be any worse than literal hell.

"So... What do you guys do for fun around here?" Inwardly, Percy cringed. The awkward tone of voice coupled with the fact that he barely knew these people had him wishing he could sink to the bottom of the ocean, but alas, some things are not meant to be.

Now, it is to be noted, dear reader, that the above statement was quickly corrected in the next few seconds when Damian and Dick exchanged smiles, nodded, and each stood, running over to Percy's chair and grabbing him by the arms, dragging Percy from the table to the largest and most practical room in the manor. 

The gym.

The gym at Wayne Manor was a sight to behold. with a large sparring area in the center, and various equipment adorning the walls and floor, as well as what appeared to be an acrobatics and obstacle course, not to mention the separate room housing an indoor pool.

"So Percy, do you know how to fight?"

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It was determined very quickly by the Wayne boys that Percy did, indeed know how to fight, and fight well. They had tried everything from swords to wooden sticks, even going as far as to test his ability on the bat-course, an obstacle course in the air, that only three other people had ever made it through: Dick, Wonder Woman, and Selina Kyle.

It was also quickly determined that holding back was not in the boys' best interests. Even Damian, who had trained under literal assassins had trouble keeping up with Percy.

The group, now having gained an audience consisting of Bruce, Tim, and both Alfred the butler and Alfred the cat, eventually headed to bed, though 'bed' is a loose term.

Every single occupant of Wayne Manor snuck out that night, though some for very different reasons.

-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In the morning, Percy would have his answer as to why every. single. Wayne. snuck out that fateful night, weather they gave him the answers or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for the late chapter. My life has been very chaotic as of late and writing had to take a backseat for a little bit. I promise that I'll be more consistent and write longer chapters as soon as I can.

Thank you for reading, and thanks for nearly 750 reads!!! I never thought I'd do this well so soon, and the reader engagement is just crazy! nearly 80% of people reading read every chapter completely before clicking off, and so many of you added me to your lists!