End of Part One (or Chapter Eight)

"...and I know I should have just told you, Percy, but there was just so many things that could have gone wrong and I didn't want to push it all on you. This life is just so dangerous, and—"

"Shut up. And stop pacing."

Immediately, Jason stopped talking and sat down across from Percy

"I understand that you're sorry."

He could do this. All he had to do was spit it out.' Three words, but when Percy opened his mouth to speak, nothing came out, and he closed his mouth quickly.

What if the gods were mad? What if they decided to smite Jason? He had said he had been revived once, would telling him bring Hades' attention, and with it, the death of his little brother?

But they had also promised him a break. And after everything he had done for them, this was the least they could do. Percy took a quick breath, filling the tense silence that had filled the air, and once more opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry too. Because I haven't been fully honest with you either and I'm—"

You got this.

"I haven't been fully honest with you either. I'm not completely human."

And oh boy did that set everyone off. Bruce— Batman— drew a batarang, and Dick, in his Nightwing regalia with the domino mask off, reached for his escrima sticks. Tiny Robin had already pulled out his sword and was halfway standing. Jason's eyes flashed green as he quickly pushed himself upwards. Tim looked to be sleeping.

Waiting for a moment as everyone— minus Tim —stood up and got ready to fight, Percy, making sure everyone could see his left, moved his right hand right beside his face and snapped, feeling the mist coating him fade away.

The demigod watched Jason's eyes, apprehensive, as the glamor disappeared, and saw the flicker of fear in his little brothers eyes before it settled on something like horror.

"Before you ask, I'm a demigod. What Ijust did was something called mist manipulation, and my father is Poseidon, god of the seas, horses, earthshaker, father of monsters, you get the idea."

After that it was a rollercoaster of emotions. Once Percy had gotten the initial explanations done, Jason had launched himself onto the couch in order to properly give Percy a hug. Bruce and a now-awake Tim had started grilling him with questions about demigods, only some of which Percy answered. Damian had taken off the domino mask and asked for a rematch, one where Percy didn't hold back, which Percy politely declined. Offering instead to teach him Greek and Roman sword fighting.

And with all explanations and apologies over with, the group put on a movie together, ending the night with popcorn and pillow fights.

All was as it should be.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Far away, blue eyes snapped open.

-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hi everyone! I really hope you enjoyed this first little bit! I wanted to end things off at a good spot before I take a break, and I thought that this would be the best spot to do that! This is mostly unedited so if you catch any mistakes, feel free to notify me!

I briefly considered ending things here, as it might make things easier for 2023 when I start adding to my updating schedule, but after all of the polls and positive feedback I've gotten for this, I decided against it.

In the next part, I'll start trying to plan out a general timeline of what I want to do for Percy, Jason, Nico, and every other character in this fanfic, and I'll try to come up with a timeline on where and when I want to end this fic.

For anyone wanting or waiting for the next part or chapter:
I'll be taking a break until the first Sunday of February to start posting again. This is for a variety of reasons but mainly so that I have time to get ahead on chapters, for all of my fics, as well as to take some time for myself before and after exams. These'll be my first exams in high school (thanks COVID) and I want to ensure I can work on getting a good grade.