Chapter Five

Bruce was suspicious. Jason had mentioned that Percy–his apparent older brother when he had lived on the streets–taught him how to fight. As much as Jason could wield a dagger or throw a punch when Bruce adopted him, Jason hadn't been nearly as good as Percy had been.

Percy knew how to fight with a sword, and his weapon of choice, the only Greek sword they owned, was quite peculiar. Not only that, but the older boy was able to fight Damian off without even breaking a sweat, a feat very few people had managed. Even if Bruce were to ignore that fact, Percy had an extensive not-quite-criminal record, having been at the scene of dozens of terrorist attacks and large scale crimes. Despite that, the boy had never been arrested or even detained for questioning, supposedly even surviving a jump off the st. Lewis arch.

There was something off about Percy, Bruce decided, and he indented to find out what exactly it was before he hurt his family.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The day following the sword fight was much less tense than Percy's first dinner at the manor. It was like some unseen barrier had been removed, and everyone suddenly got along. Of course, Percy could tell, and he always could, that something was still off with the Waynes. They still shared secretive looks, they still had silent conversations and seemed to speak a language that Percy had never even heard of, they still laughed at every abstract joke they made, but the ice had been broken, and for the first time since the second war, Percy felt at home with someone.

"—what do you think, Percy?"

For a minute Percy stared blankly at Dick, before giving a very equolent "huh?"

"Do you think breakfast or dinner is better?" This time it was Tim who spoke, the tone of his voice unmistakeable. He was trying to prove a point.

Not wanting to get stuck in the middle of an argument between the two brothers, Percy gave a quick "I don't know," and excused himself to go to the bathroom.

Splashing some water on his face, Percy looked at himself in the mirror, letting the mist drop to reveal a large scar across his face, dragging from his eyebrow down his neck, missing his eye by centimetres.

Tracing his finger over the scar, he took a deep breath and brought the mist up again, watching as his scarred skin faded to perfectly smooth, and stepped out of the bathroom.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Percy groaned as he decoded yet another firewall. Since the gods had blessed him to not attract monsters with technology or otherwise, he had found that he quite liked hacking things, the Ancient Greek quickly scrolling don the page and the many tasks that had to be done at once did wonders for his dopamine levels, and any unhelpful ADHD symptoms had since nearly diminished.

Currently, he was trying to hack into Wayne Enterprises very extensive security and find out exactly what the Wayne were doing at night, and it had taken hours. The sun had long since set, bringing Percy's second night at the manor to a close, and, again, the Wayne's had left the house for the night, giving Percy the perfect opportunity to do what he needed to without suspicion.

Quickly jolting himself out of his thoughts, Percy looked over again at his computer screen, noticing that all of the firewalls that he had hacked had been brought down.

For a moment, Percy stared at the screen—the screen that was identical to one much more expensive one over at WE—a fact that Percy was now realizing could literally destroy all of Gotham.

Because, right in front of Percy, was a series of files holding every schematic, blueprint, photo, or anything else, that belonged to Gotham's very own Dark Night.

Bruce Wayne was Batman.

Suddenly everything clicked into place. The bird and bat puns coming from everyone in the house, the way everyone seemed to share a huge secret, how Damian—a literal ten-year-old knew how to fight.

If Bruce Wayne was Batman, that meant his kids were the Robins.

And none of Batman's sidekicks had died.

Which meant that Jason was still alive.